Mothering Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
2,824 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone run across anything? I'm looking for something that we can do from beginning to end of the year, but that is still enjoyable. My son is interested in art, cooking, reading, japanese, computer games, and outside activities. Really as much as I love the ideal of unschooling, it just doesn't work for us. So far the only program that we have used effectively is Switched On Schoolhouse, which is computer based and gives him immediate responses on if he answers something correctly. We just want to switch it up a bit for electives.<br><br>
I tried this year to keep electives "unschool" but it has not worked. Without a definite beginning/end he just doesn't stay focused. (he has adhd and routines/schedules really help him in general) If we stray from a specific schedule at all it is VERY difficult to get a routine back in place where as when its working, it works very very effortlessly. (i.e. arguments, anger, lack of interest, stalling, etc and things taking all day whereas right now he is finishing his day's worth of school "work" in about 2 hours) I am sure many have suggestions on making unschooling work, but I would just rather use some fun curriculum to fill in that gap for the upcoming year.<br><br>
If it doesnt work we can skip it, but I need something I can just hand off to him, especially for the first few months of next school year and not have to "find something to do" every day. (I should mention that we have an 18 mo old atm and I am due with our next in October)

1 - 1 of 1 Posts