Mothering Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,047 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am signed up to take the treat to preschool next week for my dd's 3rd b-day. They don't want cake or cupcakes with frosting. I know I could make either w/o frosting, or maybe some yummy cookies, but I was hoping to do something fun or different.

Any ideas? Thanks

·
Registered
2,549 Posts
I once heard that you can bake cupcake batter right into an ice cream cone (the kind with the flat bottom). That might be kind of fun and different! I think you do it exactly the same way as you would in pan, just spoon the batter 2/3 of the way up.

You can do a google search for "ice cream cone brownies" and see what comes up....

·
Registered
3,067 Posts
Make plain sugar cookies buy some food coloring markers and let the kids draw on them
We did that for halloween cookies last year. Got cookie cutters in the shapes of ghosts, bats, pumpkins, and decorated them with the markers

·
Registered
976 Posts
Hi yogamama2+1 -

I just wanted to say that I like your name!

Hmmm, do I have any snack ideas? How about single servings of jello or pudding? My son's preschool has a fridge and we can bring treats like that...

Cookies in fun shapes actually sound best to me.

Kathleen

P.S. What kind of yoga do you practice? I have a very gentle off-the-mat kind of practice these days... Ha, ha. I actually have been teaching a little bit of prenatal yoga, but I have a 3 mo old baby and I have not gotten into a good routine since her birth.

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
I let my ds choose the treat for his 4 year old preschool party, and he asked for ice cream sandwiches. So we made sugar cookies, decorated courtesy of ds and dd (think lots of mishmash in a heap on one side :LOL ) and put chocolate chip ice cream in the middle. They were a huge hit.

·
Registered
3,047 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
These ideas are great! And just what I was looking for. Thanks!

yogamama. . . .
I practice hatha yoga, pretty much all forms. It generally tends to be toward the astanga side, but i love the gentle, off the mat stuff too! I am in the same class right now (I'm 15 weeks preg) that i've been in since ds was born. I had planned to get certified this fall, but will now wait until next fall. In the meantime, I am also doing some "instructing" which is basically more like demonstrations. I looooove it.

·
Registered
2,378 Posts
My dd's preschool is pretty serious about the no-sweet-snacks rule, but most moms bring cupcakes in for birthdays anyway. I mean, it IS a birthday after all...

But if you really can't bring cake or anything too sugary, what about muffins? Most preschoolers I know love these as much as cupcakes, especially with lots of blueberries in them!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.