Mothering Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
10,098 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We are leaving Carlsbad on Tues morning and don't have to be in Anaheim until that evening. Is there anything fun (and not too expensive) to do with the kids? Should we just hit the beaches (although we go to the beach a lot here)? Any other fun stops?

· Registered
9,481 Posts
Hey, I live between Carlsbad and Anaheim!

You could stop in San Juan Capistrano -- there's a really cute little street if you park in the lot off Camino Capistrano and Verdugo. It's right by an old railway depot that they made into a restaurant (Sarducci's), and if you cross the tracks there's a cute little street to walk down with a petting zoo, a couple of restaurants, a teahouse, and a few cutesy shops.

And the San Juan Mission is right around the corner -- it's pretty cheap to get in (maybe $5?), and the gardens are really pretty. My 4yo loves going to SJC.

Here's a map that shows that parking lot: http://www.capistranodepot.com/map.html

· Premium Member
4,740 Posts
Take the kids to see a Dr. Sears?

There's a kids' science center not too far before you get to Disneyland, with a rocket and a dinosaur and a big cube facing the freeway. Not sure of it's name, but it's supposed to be great.

You are right in my neck of the woods right now. The weather got NICE for you just in time I hope

· Registered
10,098 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by limabean View Post
Hey, I live between Carlsbad and Anaheim!

You could stop in San Juan Capistrano -- there's a really cute little street if you park in the lot off Camino Capistrano and Verdugo. It's right by an old railway depot that they made into a restaurant (Sarducci's), and if you cross the tracks there's a cute little street to walk down with a petting zoo, a couple of restaurants, a teahouse, and a few cutesy shops.

And the San Juan Mission is right around the corner -- it's pretty cheap to get in (maybe $5?), and the gardens are really pretty. My 4yo loves going to SJC.

Here's a map that shows that parking lot: http://www.capistranodepot.com/map.html
That sounds perfect, thank you!

And if we find ourselves with more time, we will definitely check out the science museum.

· Registered
9,481 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by oceanbaby View Post
That sounds perfect, thank you!

And if we find ourselves with more time, we will definitely check out the science museum.
Cool -- post an update to tell us what you think!
When DS and I go there, we drive to Santa Ana and then take the train to SJC, so it's a whole big outing for us. But even standing on the platform and watching a train go by is thrilling for kids. And if you eat outside at Sarducci's (they have a really cute patio) you'll see a few trains go by while you're eating, which is fun. Have a great time!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.