Mothering Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looks like we will be spending a long weekend in Nevada City. Dh is meeting with an architecture firm on part of Friday -- don't know what the involvement expected of me and the kids (6 and 2) will be, but Saturday and Sunday are free for sure. We are outdoorsy people, but also wouldn't mind in-town stuff in the surrounding areas. Any suggestions about places to eat? Places to stay? We will be staying in Nevada City cohousing on Thursday and possibly Friday night, but don't know if we will be able to stay there on Saturday and Sunday.

Additionally, dh may be working in Nevada City for the month of October and need a place to stay. Anyone know of somewhere a little more long-term than the usual motel?

Thanks!

·
Registered
14 Posts
If you do have Friday evening, or part of it, free Grass Valley holds a Friday Night Market on Mill Street downtown. I think it starts around 6 and goes until 9. There's a live band, local craft vendors, food, farmers' market, etc.
I don't know much about weekend activities, as we've only been in the area a few months, but there are alot of neat shops and restaurants. Ike's Quarter Cafe and Sopa Thai on Commercial St. in Nevada City are both incredible!

·
Registered
567 Posts
Pioneer Park has a great playground, a shady creek picnic area, a public pool and is pretty close to the cohousing group. My little guys love it and we walk down there a lot. Enjoy our town!

·
Premium Member
11,209 Posts

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm getting excited for our trip -- DH may be offered a job there and we have been asked out by the company to see the area. Things have been progressing this week and it looks like it may be a real possibility that we will move there.

He has a two-hour meeting/interview on Friday. I will probably try to occupy the boys in town on that day. Perhaps we will go swimming at the park. Thanks for the suggestion of the market in Grass Valley. That sounds fun too.

I would love to hear more about the area! I have a six-year-old who is going to need to be psyched up to move if we end up relocating.

Thanks!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts