Mothering Forum banner

Funky/hippy/far-out middle name for Jason?

5K views 26 replies 23 participants last post by  domesticeight 
#1 ·
So, if we name this baby Jason, (I know, it's WAY early!!!!!)I'm looking for a so non normal middle name
I like Shavasnah(how do you spell that yoga term?)I even considered a "Celtic"
spelling kinda as a joke so, Siobah....snah in however that would be spelled.

I'm looking forward to your great ideas!

See less See more
#8 ·
Pull out a map and look at names of lakes, rivers, reservations, townships...lots of idea there usually.

Kaweah, Wuksachi, Sequoia, are all examples from my hometown/area. Is there a geographical location which would be meaningful for your kiddo?

#10 ·
If you want to give him an outlandish name, at least give him one that means somthing to you personally.

Explaining that his middle name is Stereolab "because my mom thought it sounded far out" is not going to be nearly as fun for him as telling folks that it's because you and dh were listening to Stereolab when you decided to have a baby together. (Or whatever.)

#11 ·
OK, I'll try:

Jason Blaze
Jason Coyote
Jason Rainbow
Jason Revolution
Jason River
Jason Nirvana
Jason Rebel
Jason Quest
Jason Dude
Jason Topaz
Jason Mercury
Jason Phoenix
Jason Zephyr

#18 ·
My husband likes all those ancient Greek names, so if this was our little one, he would probobly want:
Jason Sparticus
Jason Octavius
Jason Augustine
or
Jason Ulysses

ETA: Oh, and I think the yoga word you are searching for is "Ashtanga" (not sure of spelling), which means, I think, "pose". Other good yoga words would be "Namaste" "Chatarunga" (sp!) or "Vier"

#19 ·
Jason Astraeous
Jason River
Jason Indigo
Jason Ocean (kind of a tongue twister though)
Jason Emrys
Jason Moon
Jason Willow

Just a few off the top of my head. What month will the baby be born? You could do a month or horoscope related name which would have a little more significance behind it. You can take that theory and do a season related name. Anything particular in nature you're fond of? Trees, flowers, the solar system, earth? Any traditions you can think of that are strong in your family? I think it would be easiest to pick a general theme and go from there. If you're looking for out there names anyway, making one up might be your best bet, giving it a really personal meaning for you.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.