Mothering Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
9,039 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am simi-new here at mother.com. I wanted people to start to get to know me.

So I wanted to share an embarrassing/funny moment in my nursing history.

I have nursed 3 children. My oldest is nine and he nursed for 27 months. My middle child is 5 and she nursed 4 ¼ years or so. My youngest nursed until 30-31 months. They weaned themselves.

Well, here is my funny story: When my youngest was about 18 months we went to the science center and planetarium one day. We decided the best plan was to do the science center first then the planetarium. I would rest and nurse my busy toddler in the darkness of the planetarium while my husband explored it with the older two. It was a long and busy day for mom. We pulled out the mats and lay down to nurse. The next thing I knew was the attendant was waking me. I was holding my fully exposed breast and my toddler was running around. It was quite comical because this young (16-17ish) male attendant was very embarrassed. I wanted to melt right into the floor.

Now, I of course laugh at myself.

So, as a get to know you ladies do you have any funny nursing moments?

·
Registered
19,139 Posts
Similar... I have told it here before, but so what? When my DD was a year old she and I flew to CA to visit family. After seeing some folks in LA I hopped the Amtrak to San Diego. Long day, lots of visiting... she wants to nurse. No problem. That's the last thing I remember before the nice conductor gently shook me awake to tell me we were pulling into the station. Bonnie had long since fallen deeply asleep as well and slid off the breast. So there I sat, one tit to the wind, dead to the world for about two hours. And yeah, it was midday on a nice sunny day.

·
Registered
819 Posts
DS is only 9 months old, so I don't have one of my own yet, but I did help contribute to one a few years ago. DH was an only child until he was a senior in high school, and then his mom had 3 more kids. The 2 youngest were born while DH and I were engaged. We went to the zoo one day when the youngest was nursing. She needed to nurse, and she always distracted easily, so DH and I found a nice, secluded place for MIL to nurse, and we took the other 2 kids to look around to give her some privacy.

When we came back a little while later, she told us that the lovely bench we found for her was on the path that the tram (the kind with the seats that face out to the sides rather than in front) takes and that a whole bus full of people had driven past and watched her nurse. She's not the type that embarrasses easily, so she really didn't mind and was actually glad that people did see her doing something so natural, but we all laughed about it for the rest of the day.

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by kama'aina mama
"and on the left side of the tram, **** sapiens. This one has recently bred and there she is nursing her new babe. Isn't that sweet folks? Please NO flash photos. It makes mama nervous!"
OMGOSH!!! ROFLMBO That's hillarious!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Well, my most embarrassing nursing moment happened with my first child. She was under 3 months old at the time. I was still very nervous about nursing in public due to nasty looks and comments at the time. I had decided to join my Mom at Disney World for her work conference. It was nice being able to spend time alone with my Mom and my little girl. I lived a long way from her, but came to spend time while DH was on deployment. My DD was born while he was gone. Anyway, DD desided to nurse while we waiting in line. So, I nursed her standing up. I had on a nursing blouse because I figured they were the best for hiding. Anyway, DD fell asleep, so I just held her in my arms while I was on the elevator. I noticed this man's eyes bug out, but couldn't figure out the reason. The elevator walls were mirrored, and I soon found out the reason. The shirt had a buttoned slip but no real flap. My breast was hanging out of the hole for all to see! I was mortified! Needless to say, that shirt was thrown away!

·
Registered
4,448 Posts
Ok I've only been a nursing mommy for just shy of 3 weeks but I've got a story

Ok I'm not horribly embarrased about my experience (I don't embarass all that easily around friends unless its because I've done something stupid)...

A really good male friend came over sometime during the first week we were home with ds to make us dinner and visit a little bit. I was nursing using my SNS (supplemental nursing system a little tube that I tape to my boobie because I need to supplement, my milkies haven't come in) so its terribly hard to get that little tube in ds's mouth, and I'm pretty new at nursing, so I wasn't very discrete at all. I also had to pump afterwards. So my boobies were doing their fair share of flashing.

Later on that evening our friend says to dh about something or other "I think our breast bet is... uh, er, our BEST bet is..." :LOL

Like I said, it didn't embarass me much, but it was pretty darn funny!

·
Registered
153 Posts
My second son was two or three weeks old when we went to my favorite resuarant. This was a fabulous little Indian place with the whole extended family working there. We were all settled in eating and nursing when the waiter stopped by to check on us. He kinda looked twice at us nursing and I said something like, "You don't mind if I nurse my baby, do you?" (I sometimes say silly things) He very quickly said of course not, he was just so surprised! He had never seen an American woman nursing! He thought it was great and sent his wife and mom and I don't know who else over to see that there are American women who breastfeed. For the rest of that meal and every time we went after that we had the most attentive service ever. One sweet older lady would occasionally come to the buffet with me to advise me what was best for nursing mothers.

·
Registered
2,555 Posts
You mamas crack me up!
:LOL
:LOL

I'm in the grocery store and my baby's only 8 weeks or so and someone else's baby starts to cry. WOOOSH! Milk flowed all down my front and I was soaked. I looked like I was just in a wet t shirt contest.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.