Mothering Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I thought it was funny, although if I wasn't in such a good mood I probably would have gotten P.O.'d.

I was walking around town this weekend browsing sidewalk sales with DD in the ego. An older lady comes up to me and says, "She doesn't look very comfortable in there" I just look at her and say, she is perfectly comfortable in there, she loves it.

Then lady proceeds to tell me that, "her arms are asleep". I answered back quite sarcastically, "did she tell you that?" she just gives me a dirty glare and walks off.

ha ha ha, her arms are asleep - whatever. It might look like that since DD must have one arm over the top of the ergo and the other where it is supposed to be.

people. ha.

·
Registered
11,770 Posts
Yay you for not backing down! People are so ignorant sometimes.

Although I just read about a study finding that older people lose the ability to inhibit speech, i.e. the stuff that comes out like completely inappropriate questions or statements that make you go
. So thinking charitably, maybe the poor old biddy couldn't help herself from

I too have gotten comments about dd's arms being "stuck" in the Ergo, or her suffocating when she's asleep and I have the hood up. Yep, it's much easier for me to asphyxiate my baby than actually care for her. Duh.
:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.