Mothering Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
6,717 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, my DH is just itching for me to get pregnant with #2 so he can pretty much prove to one of his classmates that birth isn't a trainwreck waiting to happen.

Backstory:

my husband's classmate's wife *from here on out will be reffered to STBTwinmomma* is pregnant with twins. She also has an older DS and a DD. She almost bled to death on the table after having her DD. Her words "Well the Dr yanked the placenta out by the cord and I just started bleeding, I don't know why" I asked her how long after her DD was born did the Dr wait before ripping out the placenta, she's like "Oh mabe 2 minutes or so" I'm thinkin "DUH NO WONDER she bled so bad. The Placenta didn't clamp down"

So, Now me and DH are TTC #2. And he goes to school with STBTwinmomma's husband. Her husband goes on and on and on and on about how "If DW Goes into labour she's calling 911 because she could die" and "If she does ANYTHING to raise her heartrate she'll go into labour" and all that. SHE brainwashed HIM into thinking she is BROKEN! WTH. So, Once I get pregnant, DH is gonna make this man realize that pregnancy and birth isn't a trainwreck wating to happen. It's just normal. And that his classmate's wife is nothing but a Dingbat.

Yes I'm judgemental, Just of this woman though. Someone who doesn't have common sense enough to realize *Remember, she had a pregnancy before her DD* that it sometimes takes longer for the placenta to clamp down, is just...I dunno....a dingbat?

Punchline: DH is turning into a crunch...and my hubby is the furthest away from being crunchy. *Techno Geek, Military guy, Geek, umm...Geek, Videogame addict...lol*

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
heeheehee... My dh doesn't realize it either, but I'm succeeding in making him crunchy too. He goes off on rants about how homebirth is so much safer for healthy women than a hospital, benefits of bf, cloth diapers, etc.

Unfortunately they're likely the type of people that will not be swayed into thinking anything other than the BS they believe. They might talk between themselves about how 'wreckless' and 'irresponsible' you are for homebirthing (if you are), or that you're 'just trying to prove something' by birthing drug-free, blahblahblah. (I've heard all this from my "I've had 3 kids, I know what can happen" Uncle.) And thanks, STBTwinmomma, for spreading the fear of birth and further convincing the medical community that women are terrified and wouldn't survive without them.
: :puke

But who knows, maybe your dh will convince other dh. Good for him for trying either way.

·
Banned
6,717 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
oh my DH told me strait up that if that guy starts ranting and raving about how much of a trainwreck waitiing to happen childbirth is, DH is gonna shut him up by ripping him a new one. Of course DH was never at a birth *DD is from another relationship* But he sees the evidence of healthy mom healthy baby from a homebirth.

Yeah, STBTwinmomma has been rubbing it in my face whenever I go to playgroup *She attends the same playgroup* by going on and on how she's pregnant with TWINS n all that. I'm thinking "Well I wanna be pregnant, not with twins because that means I automatically risk out of a homebirth, get handed to an OB/GYN who will be a sisor happy freakshow and I WILL be treated like a train wreck..NO thanks." She thinks she's more of a woman than me because she's pregnant with TWINS. Like "HAH you mighta had NCB with your DD but I'm more woman because I'm carrying TWO BABIES" Whatever...that woman just rubs me the wrong way all around. She's gonna FF too..because *HER WORDS* "I can prop the bottles and focus all my attention onto DD"!!!

·
Registered
4,949 Posts
Hee hee...my dh is turning crunchy, too! You'd expect him to be exactly the opposite: grew up on Long Island, went to an Ivy League college (well, okay, I did too--that's where we met), went to a fancy consulting firm, then to law school, etc. Wears button-down shirts all the time. Carries a cell phone AND a Blackberry.

Any yet...he was totally supportive of my veganism, of raising our (future) kids mostly vegan and of a non-hospital, midwife-attended birth, extended bfing, delayed/selective vax, etc. I haven't yet sprung the cloth diapers on him, but I think once I mention a diaper service, he'll be a happy camper. It's amazing how preconceptions can be knocked down in the face of...LOGIC!

MDC mamas...taking over the world one dh at a time!

·
Registered
3,088 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by NYCVeg
MDC mamas...taking over the world one dh at a time!
Mine too! We both grew up pretty crunchy, but have become pretty "city-fied" (at least on the outside) over the past few years. But my dh is constantly educating his friends and co-workers about birth, bf, etc. He has convinced several people to hire doulas, and he gives out my phone number to any pregnant women who have questions about midwifery, homebirth, etc :LOL

1 - 6 of 6 Posts