Mothering Forum banner

Funny Toddler Story

485 views 6 replies 7 participants last post by  fenwickmama 
#1 ·
Our daycare is closed for two weeks, starting today, as the family is on vacation. So DH is at home with DD, 16 months. He said all morning she has been keeping him busy and tearing the house apart. He said he was on the phone and could hear DD playing, he must have been on the phone for a while because when he hung up he noticed a box of butter on the dining room window sill. Here DD figured out how to open the fridge and was taking food out and hiding it around the house. He said she cleaned out half the fridge wasy and now he's running all over trying to find food. Also there are eggs cracked and broken on the floor, a trail of syrup, and she got into last nights leftovers and has chicken nuggets scattered.
:

The best part is she thinks its hilarious that he is running around finding food and thinks its a game. This oculd be a long two weeks for them.

See less See more
#5 ·
I LOVE that your dh is home with her, that little mischevious girl
. Sometimes I wish my dh could spend a week or two at home with dd -- all day, every day. Not that he isn't a great dad, because he is. But I don't think he gets how badly I need a break at the end of the day!

#6 ·
LOL This reminds me of my younger brother, when he was a toddler. One morning my mum went upstairs to get the laundry and by the time she came downstairs (which was maybe five minutes) my brother had found the egg carton and was sitting in front of the tv with Julia Child on and was cracking eggs on the floor, trying to do it like Julia Child...

LOL

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.