Mothering Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Mothering Folk,<br><br>
My 15-month-old had a check-up today where her Pediatrician informed us that she has fused labia, meaning her inner labia have grown together covering the hole of her vagina. Without discussion of any other option (it was at the end of our visit, my daughter was crying, the Doctor pressed for time) the Pediatrician prescribed estrogen cream and told us to apply it twice a day, to separate the fused labia, and come back in 4-6 weeks.<br><br>
Does anyone know of other homeopathic options or methods we could try? Estrogen cream on a 15-month-old seems extreme to me, especially since she has not (to our knowledge) had a UTI or bladder infection. She urinates normally and frequently, as far as we can tell, and is not in any pain.<br><br>
My dilemma: if we do nothing, perhaps she will develop painful UTIs or require surgery later. But the "treatment" of twice-daily estrogen cream doesn't sit right with me either.<br><br>
What to do? Thanks for your replies!<br><br>
JDC

·
Registered
4,737 Posts
If you search for "labial adhesions" you'll find some threads addressing them & some alternative remedies to try.<br><br>
My dd had a partial adhesion. My understand is that if its not interfering with peeing and there have been no UTI's then its ok to leave it alone. It should resolve on its own at around 5. Whatever you do, never try to manually separate them (like the stupid MD we went to did).<br><br>
Good luck. I hope you find some good information. I too would shy away from the cream. I'm not sure about the one he gave you but the ones around in my DDs day were made from horse estrogen. Yuck.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts