Mothering Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My daughter just turned 3 months and I usually feed her after she wakes up and then before she goes back to sleep. The feeding before going back to sleep has been a bit crazy over the last week or so. She will feed for a little bit and then pulls off and cries. She seemed very interested in it initially. We try it a couple more times and she does the same thing. Finally, I just figure that she is very tired and does not know what she wants, and I wrap her up. Usually she is still crying a little bit, but falls to sleep fast. She is gaining fine and pees/poops a ton.<br><br>
I thought maybe it was my let-down, because sometimes we are swimming in it. However, she does fine with it a lot of the time too.<br><br>
Is this just a sign of a over-tired baby going through a growth spurt or should I be trying something else? I have tried to feed her in all sorts of positions when this is going on, but she always does the same thing. She even cries and hasn't tried the new position, like she knows that she isn't going to like it.

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
If it's right before sleep, I would probably just credit tiredness, unless you have any other indicator it's something else. It's just hard for babies to transition into sleep, and potentially even scary!

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
My boys, specifically, were like this. I often felt so helpless when they were like this. Have you tried Babywearing? Also, pay attention yo how her breath smells- if its a sour, pukey, acidic smell she might have some reflux. Try some <a href="http://www.wellements.com/gripewater.asp" target="_blank">Gripe Water</a> as that can help baby feel a little better- and calm down.

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the advise. I do wear her. She takes almost all her naps in the wrap.<br><br>
Unfortunately to add to the mess, I got an infection in one of my breasts now...GRrrrrr.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts