Mothering Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello! I just gave birth to my daughter on Wed, 12/2. I am EBF her. My milk has not yet come in. She has taken to latching on well at this point. My problem is that she is incredibly fussy & gassy! i feel awful for her! The pediatrician at the hospital said this is normal for some babies b/c their bellies are obviously not used to anything. I am wondering if this is something I am eating already? Like I said, she is just getting Colostrum at this point. My other question - is it ok to start giving her some Gripe Water? Any other recommendations? She is very uncomfortab. Hoping someone has some thoughts or advice. Thanks!

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
Congratulations! It's great that she is latching on well. Let her nurse as often as she is willing. It's good to get her going well now before your milk comes in when it may be a little more challenging. It sounds to me like she is just adjusting to being out of the womb. It takes a while, both physically and emotionally for a newborn to get adjusted and for things to start going smoothly. Being at the breast is the best place to make the transition. I have no experience with Gripe water, but I would hold off on giving anything but the breast at this early stage.

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Welcome to MDC, and welcome to the world baby!<br><br>
My DD did the same thing as a newborn; it passed quickly. My guess is, your LO is just getting used to being in the world. Don't bother with medicine this early; your milk is probably in by now and you'll likely see different behavior from the baby as a result.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts