Mothering Forum banner

Fuzbaby Fitted Dipes: Fit and Function (check all that apply; multiple choice)

• Fuz fit my baby/toddler like a glove

Votes: 9 26.5%
  • I can get a pretty good fit with a Fuz dipe

Votes: 8 23.5%
  • Fuz dipes are too big in the thighs for my toddler (but fit in the waist)

Votes: 10 29.4%
  • I can't get a good fit in the waist or the legs with Fuz dipes

Votes: 6 17.6%
  • The internal soakers of my Fuz have stiffened noticeably

Votes: 15 44.1%
  • My Fuz dipes have gotten softer over time

Votes: 2 5.9%
  • My BuzFuz dipe(s) is/are the most absorbent dipe I own

Votes: 5 14.7%
  • My PureFuz dipe(s) is/are the most absorbent dipe I own

Votes: 2 5.9%
  • I have a definate preference for BuzFuz over PureFuz

Votes: 5 14.7%
  • I have a definate preference for PureFuz over BuzFuz

Votes: 10 29.4%
  • The bindings of my Fuz have developed holes/wear

Votes: 18 52.9%
  • The colors of my Fuz have faded somewhat (or significantly)

Votes: 20 58.8%
  • I have used Fuz on a newborn and they work well at holding in poopy messes

Votes: 1 2.9%
  • I have used Fuz on an older baby and they work well at holding in poopy messes

Votes: 9 26.5%
  • Fuz dipes are the most beautiful dipes that I own

Votes: 18 52.9%
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm interested in what your experiences with Fuz fitted dipes (BuzFuz or PureFuz) are: how well do they filt on your child and how well do they work for you? If you have the chance to post a more detailed response, please share your child's body type to see if Fuz are better for one body type over another. I'm also curious as to how many people have experienced the "common" problems (e.g. holes or premature wear on the binding, stiffness of the internal soaker).

I love the colors of the Fuz and think they are beautifully constructed: my skinny toddler wears a medium on the tightest setting. They have a pretty trim look to them, especially in the front. They are quite absorbent but the ruffles around the bound edges of the inner legs seem to gape for us, and they are not very effective at keeping in poopy messes.

Your experiences?

Karla

·
Registered
2,611 Posts
my 2 yo wears a med on the tightest snaps. this is a very trim dipe for her. the babe just started really fitting into the smalls at 12 lbs. they are trim on her as well. toddler poops are contained for the most part, bf poops are not if its a big blowout. the colors are pretty but they fade and there is wear after a short amount of time, if you consider the life time of a cd. which i'm ok with because they still function. they are absorbant. over all, we like them

·
Registered
95 Posts
My BuzFuz fit my 16 month old like a glove. It (I only have one)did, however, develop holes in the binding after a very short period of time.

·
Registered
6,920 Posts
I LOVED the way my fuz dipes looked, but had had the same fit in the thigh problem. They gaped at the leg, and I have a very chunky guy. I think a small may have worked better on him, but I wonder if would have been too low in the rise. I did get the stiff inner soaker, fading, and holes in the binding. I have only tried the buzfuz mediums.

Now the fuzbombs and easy's, that's a different story!! I LOVE them!!!

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
After closer examination, this seems to be the issue with the legs: the ruffles attached to the bound edge are so stiff that they create little half-moon shaped openings around the legs; the edge does not sit flat around the leg. Thus, easy escape route for poo.

Karla

Is anyone's baby (DreamingMama?) EBF and using Fuz? How do they work?

·
Registered
238 Posts
From age 6 - 12 months, the size mediums did fit my dd around the leg area. They always seemed a little high in the rise but they did fit. In my experience, they didn't contain runny poops well. I wouldn't get major blowouts just a little leakage.

Once dd started walking at 1, the mediums didn't fit at all. She had major gaps at the legs. At 20 months, she still can't wear the mediums. I'm now getting a perfect fit with the smalls. They're very trim and fit well at the legs and waist. They "fit like a glove."
The smalls may not work if you need a higher rise.

·
Registered
2,611 Posts
karla dd#2 is ebf and wears size small. i haven't noticed any problems with poops leaking out the legs. she doesn't have explosive ones though....... i'll have to pay more attention from now on

·
Registered
3,860 Posts
I got a large FUZ fitted and it was WAY to big on my chunky DS... it gapped at the legs and was to big in the rise....... So i got a medium.... They fit like a bikini cut on almost the tightest setting.. i need a medium with a little more rise and it would have fit him perfectly...... I did love the colors.......

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by danaalex
karla dd#2 is ebf and wears size small. i haven't noticed any problems with poops leaking out the legs. she doesn't have explosive ones though....... i'll have to pay more attention from now on
Hmm . . . my 2 year old has really never graduated beyond ebf poops (still nursing, but eats plenty of solids too, so go figure). Just a little leaking (but any is too much in my book), always out the inner thigh, usually on the right side.

Karla

·
Registered
7,317 Posts
My DS is medium build now. 16 months old and about 21 pounds. We are still on mediums on the tightest snaps (unless DH puts them on for some reason he doesn't put them on the tightest snaps. Probably because he is always stuffing wierd doublers in there)

I have a bunch in purefuz, buzfuz, and refuz.

The only thing about fuz diapers that bothers me is the leg ruffles. They always twist inward creating a gape and also looking uncomfortable. Otherwise I like them alot. The buz and pure have gotten a little stiffer, the refuz have gotten softer. All my bindings start to wear quickly but this doesn't impair performance and they look cute with a little wear around the edges (matching all our other clothes LOL!). While DS was in his breastmilk poop stage I did not have any problems with my fuz leaking.

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by mara
The only thing about fuz diapers that bothers me is the leg ruffles. They always twist inward creating a gape and also looking uncomfortable. [my snip] While DS was in his breastmilk poop stage I did not have any problems with my fuz leaking.
Hmm, so if the legs gape consistently for you, how come they don't leak poo? This is exactly what's going on with me and they do leak.

Karla

·
Registered
7,317 Posts
Maybe because my ruffles always roll up and inward. Perhaps they are acting like a gusset
: Plus, whenever he is wearing fuz diapers he is without a cover and I'm watching him like a hawk. I'm sure if I left them on long enough with the poop in there it would eventually leak out, maybe?

My DS eats solids now and he still has the watery poop. I kinda can't wait til that 'hardball' stage.

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by mara
Maybe because my ruffles always roll up and inward. Perhaps they are acting like a gusset
: Plus, whenever he is wearing fuz diapers he is without a cover and I'm watching him like a hawk. I'm sure if I left them on long enough with the poop in there it would eventually leak out, maybe?

My DS eats solids now and he still has the watery poop. I kinda can't wait til that 'hardball' stage.
Hmm. It seems that the ruffles sit on the skin directly (or because he is so active, they move on and off the skin). I think that, because they are so stiff, they can turn into the edge of the diaper that wraps around the legs, rather than the bound edge being the edge.

I'm still waiting for the "hardball" stage, too-- and my son is almost 26 months old. Every once in awhile I get one, but mostly it's just a variation of EBF poo. I'm not holding my breath.

Thanks for explaining,
Karla

·
Registered
13,016 Posts
Karla,

Size: Kenny is 23#, 17" rise over a trim diaper, 18" waist, 10.5" thigh and wears a Medium BuzFuz on the tightest snap (second to tightest if he's just nursed or eaten) - so yea, I'd say they run larger than our other Mediums do. This makes me happy though - they'll fit him a good while.

As far as the wear . . . we've been using these for a good while now - regularly since he was about 4 months. So, I've washed them about 2x a week for 4 months and we just began to see a bit of wear - two spots that seem to be rubbing away just slightly at the leg gathering.

Stiffness: Ours are not so stiff - but we've dried them consistently in the drier. They aren't as 'floppy' as our SugarPeas or our FireFlies - altogether, they are more of a 'sturdy' diaper ( I guess that is a good description).

Absorbency: They are one of our more absorbent diapers. When he pees it doesn't go straight through at the point of contact as some of our fitteds tend to do. Rather, it seems the hemp doubler inside absorbs the urine and seems to 'spread' it so it doesn't 'saturate.' He is a stomach sleeper and I have put him to bed with a buzfuz on before - it is completely drenched in the morning, but with a wool soaker the bed is still dry.

Containment: We have not had blow-outs out the leg with breastfed poo at all, but Kenny is chunky-thighed. I do have to 'fix' the gathers at the leg when I first put it on him, because they have a tendency to want to 'stand up' from the leg. In that, I mean that they act as part of the diaper and press against his thigh, instead of laying flat against it. But we just roll it out and it 'holds' well. Again, he is chunky thighed.

Comfort: Although it isn't floppy, after putting it on it does seem to bend and move with him easily. It seems it is more comfortable than some diapers he wears because it is trimmer. I do notice that the ruffles do make slight marks on the legs, but not deep red places or marks that stay after a few minutes of the diaper being on. In other words, no more than my undies make a mark on me, KWIM?

Let's see, what else . . . oh, I prefer the hemp FFs entirely. They are by far my most favorite diaper I have tried hands-down.

Edited to say I cannot compare them to PureFuz, because I've never had a PureFuz, but ours has faded with use - and are definitely softer.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts