Mothering Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
2,864 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:

Clearly, I am not a hyena yet......last night I went on ebay and found fuzbaby wool covers.........for 85 bucks!!!!!!!!!
I thought it was crazy that El Bees are going for 30 bucks or more a pop......whats up with these fuz dipes???

· Registered
2,302 Posts
I love my fuz! I think it's the art of them all that gets to me. I love the fit on the Fuzgarden fitteds and they are binded. I think the fit is similar to El Bees IMO. Lori use to post her fitteds every season, but she hasn't since spring
Her covers are great too! They are super soft and well made! Can't say enough great things!

· Registered
4,837 Posts
I have two Fuzbomb fitteds but they are too big for my toddler, I got size Large and I really needed a medium. But I can see why if they fit right, they would be awesome! Super trim, yet absorbant.

· Registered
3,222 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by anothermama
yeah...but $85!!?? really???!!!
The only one I've seen on Ebay this week is a Kiwi cover and 2 snap ins. That makes the set less than retail I believe. The Fuzbombs are usually $50. I think the binding that they do takes more time and skill than serging a cover. I think binding is a total PITA when I do it here at home on things I sew. I also think that you can charge whatever you want and if people pay then it obviously isn't too high. I mean should they charge less when they can get that price? I think they are some of the only ones paying themselves a fairwage and charging what they should. Too many wahms charge too little for the job that they do. If they all charged better for themselves then $50-80 bucks would be the norm for a wool cover.

· Registered
7,590 Posts
Oh fuzbaby fitteds are well worth the money--such a great fit and SO absorbent, while being so trim! Love the dye jobs, the creative paintings on the garden fitteds....
they are my fave.
Fuzbombs rule, too. SUCH soft wool, really great for laying prefolds in OR covering a fitted (if it's not too bulky), and surprisingly trim for such a leakproof wool cover. I laid a kiwi contour snap-in dipe in one the other day and I swear it was nearly as trim on my son as a very baby AIO!
(Mind you, these are all made for babes with chubbo legs, like my son surely does have)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.