Mothering Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
nak
dd has been peeing out of her dipe (especially at night). she stays dry for hours and when she pees i think the dipe cannot absorb fast enough.
would sport wash help?
i suspect that the fleece is repelling a little.

any suggestions?

thanks!

·
Registered
5,454 Posts
I want to bump this up.... I'm having some repelling issues with the fleece on my FBs and really need to fix this!!

·
Registered
2,271 Posts
When my pockets repel, I soak them in the kitchen sink (after they've been through the wash!) in hot water with a bunch of Dawn in it. Not a whole lot, but more than I use to do dishes. After that, I put 'em through a hot cycle with no soap. That seems to fix it.

·
Registered
3,317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I was considering 3 JoeyBunz- but this morning only the front 1/2 of both JB's were wet when she leaked all over our bed. I'm almost positive it's repelling.

I'm going to try the dawn (unless someone else has a better idea). I was also thinking that her dipes might be getting too small but she's 5 lbs under the "maximum" weight for mediums.

I strip my dipes quite often. I'm not sure why they are repelling.

·
Premium Member
6,371 Posts
I'm sure I would do the dawn thing too but what if you used some that absorbs more quickly as the top layer. You know, like burley knit terry or microfiber towel?? Having a brain freeze and cant think of anything else.

·
Registered
3,317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

I took all of our Fuzzi Bunz and Hemparoos and washed them on hot with a squirt of Dawn (a good squirt).
Then I ran the "regular" wash cycle on hot/hot EIGHT times in a 24 hour period. That's 16 rinses.
After they came out of the dryer I tested 4 of them with a Joeybunz inside. They are repelling worse than ever.
The water that I poured from the faucet just sits on the fleece and rolls back and forth (I put a lot of water on them). It doesn't soak through even a little when I put my hand on the dipe.
Ugh.
I love (d) these dipes. Now what do I do?
I can't use them if they don't work and I certainly cannot sell them if they are repelling.

I really want to cry. I have 2 dozen FuzziBunz and none of them are useable.

We have soft water. I don't think they could possibly need anymore rinses. The last cycle had absolutely no trace of a soap bubble.
What do I do?
Try the sport wash?
Oxy clean?
I don't want to do anything that voids the warranty. The MOE site says that repelling "should not be a problem". It IS a problem.

·
Registered
900 Posts
Wow! That's a hum-dinger!! Every time we've had that problem we've just striped them with dawn. Have you tried doing it on the stove with a pot of boiling water? Maybe you should contact Mother of Eden and ask them what to do. That totally sucks to have diapers you can't use!

Have you been using any ointments on baby's bottom? We've found that anything but olive oil based products (like mother love's nipple cream) will leave a residue that is really hard to get off and it causes repelling.

HTH

-Melissa

·
Registered
3,317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I should just contact MOE.
I was told they cannot be boiled due to plastic snaps.
We only use sposies
: when we put Burts Bees on her.
sigh
Thanks for replying.
I think that I'll try Oxy Clean next.

·
Registered
2,444 Posts
Have you found out where it's leaking from? My ds soaks a fb stuffed with 2 joeybunz and a microfiber towel. Never have any leaks though. When dd2 wore diapers she would hold it all then let it all loose. The insert couldn't absorb it fast enough and we would have some leaks. We also had a problem where the waterproofing got worn out. I hope you figure it out.

·
Registered
519 Posts
today my fb have been repelling too. This is the first time in 3 months. Baby was soaked! I mean sopping wet, diaper and pants as if there was no insert at all. I've never had that happen before. I'm trying to introduce cloth to the daycare on Monday (see post "yeah! baby has a rash". I'd just die if they repelled at daycare. I must figure out what's wrong with them. I have hard water.

·
Registered
3,317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Progress!
I sprayed the fleece (up close) with water from nasal aspirator (pee simulation lol) on the advice of an online friend and the dipe absorbed like it was supposed to. DD is in a FB right now and the last two she had on WORKED!
Wooohooo! They aren't broken like I feared!
The stripping worked but I didn't know it until I tried. I didn't realize that fleece repels when water is just poured onto it.
Still nervous about nighttime diapering but I think that putting in the extra absorbant layer on TOP of the fleece is the best way to go for that.
Thanks SO much for all of the input.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.