Mothering Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all...I recently got some FB's and love them, so I am looking into getting a few more...I am noticing that apparently, FB's are made differently from they used to be....I hear desciptions which talk about old round tabs versus new "pointy" tabs, and older "thick" cream fleece versus new thinner white fleece...?? and A few other things I think, just don't have them on the top of my head......
Anyway, I was wondering, who out there knows when FB did what to their dipes.....I was wondering so I know how old the dipes are that I am considering buying...
For example...how long ago did the tabs change?...the fleece?...1 year, 5 years?....2 weeks?.....Obviously, if I'm bidding on a super old diaper, I want to know, you know what I mean?

Same thing on the Wonderoos.....I've seen descripts about the old 2-rise style versus three...and pre-factory versus factory produced...also something about different tags?????

Alright, thanks!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,415 Posts
About the Wonderoos...
I have two styles, the brand new and some older. And I haven't been overly impressed with the new style at all, even though I've only had them for not quite 2 months. The micro fleece pilled up right away and the elastic is already getting slack...But the old ones I have still have buttery soft micro fleece and tight elastic.

The manufacturer is replacing 2 of the new ones I bought because they were defective, which is really nice, but I'm hoping I don't have anymore problems.

How wierd is that? I don't have any fb's, so I can't comment there.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,264 Posts
Fuzzi Bunz--when I first started buying cloth (3 yrs ago) they were made with rounded tabs and the new pointy tabs were coming out (The older style only had 3 snaps on each side instead of 4). The fleece was thin cream colored. Earlier this year the fleece turned white and got a lot thicker, then came the colored fleece, then the thin white fleece (which is what is used now).
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by PatsGrace
About the Wonderoos...
I have two styles, the brand new and some older. And I haven't been overly impressed with the new style at all, even though I've only had them for not quite 2 months. The micro fleece pilled up right away and the elastic is already getting slack...But the old ones I have still have buttery soft micro fleece and tight elastic.

The manufacturer is replacing 2 of the new ones I bought because they were defective, which is really nice, but I'm hoping I don't have anymore problems.

How wierd is that? I don't have any fb's, so I can't comment there.

It was my understanding that Wonderoos had suedecloth and not microfleece? Do you get a choice? Or am I just misinformed?

Thanks for the info though!!!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,753 Posts
Wonderoos have suedecloth not microfleece. The old ones didn't pill at all, but the new ones seem to pill really easy. The tag is just a different tag. I forget the reason behind it, but she needed to change. They started becoming factory produced a few months ago.

Fuzzi Bunz used to have round tabs a few years ago. Before I started cding. I don't know the date. When I first got FBs they had point tabs which have an extra snap setting. They also had thin cream fleece. There was a probably at the beginning of the year and the microfleece was being held as customs. They needed to buy some for the inbetween time and they got both thick and thin white microfleece. The thick is no longer being used as everyone hated it. They are now using the thin white fleece. I find no difference betweent he thin cran and thin white. I have heard that they will go back to the thin cream in the future. The colored fleece was used on limited edition festive Fbs. They are down with them as well.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,285 Posts
Wonderoos was nearly sued by Fruit of the loom for supposedly "stealing" the name from them....
it was really stupid (I thought) and they agreed to let her keep her name, but after a lot of harrassment. I think this was maybe 9 months ago? It was during that time they were tag-less. Over a year ago they had the tags with one color writing, and then they had the rainbow writing.....The two-snap thing was before I started CD-ing, so maybe 2 years ago?

Fuzzi bunz, when I started CD-ing 2 yrs ago, were pointy tabs already. So if they have round tabs they are getting pretty age-d
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
136 Posts
I have both styles. The round tabs are old (and loaners from a friend) but they still work well. If you can get the rounds for really cheap it might be worth it. Some of mine have a wicking problem though.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,047 Posts
I've got at least 3 different styles of Wonderoos.

I've got some (old) ones where you have to flip a flap of fabric over the top to get to the shorter rise.

I've got some (medium-age) ones without the flip-flap, with 2 rise settings

I've got some (not-so-old) ones without the flip-flap, with 3 rise settings I think.

Tags - all kinds !!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Wonderful! Thanks guys!! Sounds like I am going to stay away from round-tab FB's, and flapped or 2-rise Wonderoos, as I am looking to CD at least 3 more kids, God-willing!!! In fact, I'm starting to wonder if I shouldn't just pony up for new ones, in order to get the most use out of them....but my sense of economy always makes me think..you know GENTLY used ones are a much better deal.........Which brings me to another question about storing dipes for extended periods....will start a new thread...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,104 Posts
You might want to take into account that age doesn't necessarily equal lots of use. DD outgrew her small FBs at 9 weeks, and her mediums at about 20 weeks, so neither were used very long at all. We're planning to keep them around for baby number two (if such a person comes along), but if he or she grows at anything like DD's rate, neither set will have more than a few months of wear by the time we're done with them, despite being a few years old and having gone through two babies. Other people tell me their babies are in mediums from 6 months to PLing at 2 years or later. This is a HUGE difference in use patterns. I think the best measure is probably months of use, taking number of diapers in rotation into account. Anyhow, just a thought. Happy diaper hunting!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,125 Posts
You can often find the latest versions of each diaper used. For FBs, just make sure you're asking for the thin white microfleece. You'll very likely find some that are not very old. I sold 9 PT size last month, and they were only 2-3 months old.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by saratchka
You might want to take into account that age doesn't necessarily equal lots of use. DD outgrew her small FBs at 9 weeks, and her mediums at about 20 weeks, so neither were used very long at all. We're planning to keep them around for baby number two (if such a person comes along), but if he or she grows at anything like DD's rate, neither set will have more than a few months of wear by the time we're done with them, despite being a few years old and having gone through two babies. Other people tell me their babies are in mediums from 6 months to PLing at 2 years or later. This is a HUGE difference in use patterns. I think the best measure is probably months of use, taking number of diapers in rotation into account. Anyhow, just a thought. Happy diaper hunting!

Great point! I HAD thought of this, and I do try to keep it in mind..I tend to look for dipes that are being sold as "used in huge rotation" or "used for only 3 months"...etc....
I know that for me...I have so many dipes, that some of them don't even get used every week......my faves get worn/washed about 1X every 7 days or so, and the basic ones maybe once every 2 weeks???? My dd also outgrew her small/med dipes quickly(20 pounds by 3.5 months!!!!), so they were barely used, she used larges from about 4-8 months, and has been in XL's since about 9 months...Im assuming until PL'ing(IS there anything bigger?LOL)......she is only 14 months now, and the big "slim down" everyone keeps telling me is gonna happen ---HASN'T!!! (And she has been walking since 9.5 months)....Anyway, thanks for reminding me of this...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,648 Posts
Sometimes it goes the other way too. My girls are tiny. Anna has been in larges for 8 months now and will be until she is potty trained. (Hopefully before Luke arrives!) Abby has been in mediums for 6 months and will be for some time still as we are not on the tightest setting. She's just now barely 20 lb at 15 months. So we could be looking at a year easily. We have 15 fuzzibunz for each girl, so we go through a cycle every two days. If you bought ours they would be very used. But they are still in fantastic shape. I'll be saving them as long as I can because we want a truckload of kids.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
740 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Adamsmama
Fuzzi Bunz--when I first started buying cloth (3 yrs ago) they were made with rounded tabs and the new pointy tabs were coming out (The older style only had 3 snaps on each side instead of 4). The fleece was thin cream colored. Earlier this year the fleece turned white and got a lot thicker, then came the colored fleece, then the thin white fleece (which is what is used now).
Is the colored fleece thicker too?
 
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top