Mothering Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm new to cd'ing, and so far I've only used cd's during the day. DD wets a lot at night. Is it possible to use a fb at night? What would you stuff it with? Will dd feel dry? I don't want to ruin her sleep! Thanks,

·
Registered
765 Posts
we have a hard time getting DS to stay dry in a FB all night but we've had moderate success with a FB stuffed with an infant prefold wrapped in one or two microfiber towels. VERY bulky but it works.

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
I've used Fuzzi Bunz at night with great success. She's in the diaper for almost 12 hours and it keeps her dry (but I also think it makes her hot). We stuff with two microfiber inserts, usually a cottonbabies and a microfiber towel underneath, in case the cottonbabies bunches. I just make sure it's pulled up well so there aren't any gaps at the legs, which can happen when there's so much stuffing in there. I've also stuffed with two prefolds or a combo of prefolds and microfiber.

·
Registered
3,691 Posts
We have success with a FB with two CB microfibre inserts, or a hemp babies insert. Just lately we're adding a small boost of cotton or one microfibre towel.

I think within a few months we'll have to go to fitteds at night, unless she can go up a size in pockets, because they're at the limit of their stuffing.

Of course maybe by then she won't be eating all night long

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
I use a FB at night for our heavy wetter, I stuff it with a Shaped terry diaper (Plushies) and a hemp doubler. She in bed 12 hrs and her skin is dry but the diaper weights a ton.

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by wannabe
We have success with a FB with two CB microfibre inserts, or a hemp babies insert. Just lately we're adding a small boost of cotton or one microfibre towel.

I think within a few months we'll have to go to fitteds at night, unless she can go up a size in pockets, because they're at the limit of their stuffing.

Of course maybe by then she won't be eating all night long

I am new to CD, why would a fitted diaper be a better choice than a pocket at night?

Thanks for the help!

·
Registered
56 Posts
We love our FB's at night. My son isn't a super heavy wetter though, so I don't know how big of a difference it makes. At night time we stuff with a micro insert and a FB doubler--that's it! We've never had a leak, so we're happy.

We alternate between FB's and fitteds and wool at night!

Good luck!

·
Registered
2,554 Posts
We can use a FB overnight with my 16 month old, stuffed with a cotton babies bigger weed (hemp prefold) and sometimes a thin microfiber insert as well, depending on how early she's going into her nighttime dipe.

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
During the night, I will ONLY use FuzziBunz! Our are stuffed with two of the FB (Mother of Eden) inserts for nighttime use - no leaking at night. During the day I use one MOE insert, but I double them for naps, car trips, and nighttime.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts