Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
8,851 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
8,849 Posts
I sort of hope not. I kind of enjoy reading them (as long as they do not substitute for discussion)

My knowledge around copyright issues is quite small though.

I think some memes may be okay (i.e use open access material ) and some may not, and this article agrees:

https://www.plagiarismtoday.com/2013/05/07/copyright-memes-and-the-perils-of-viral-content/
The majority of the PRO ones posted come from the same Facebook page & id their items.

I can see an issues that many posting won't want their real identity known because you may need to prove you actually have permission not just "say-so".

·
Registered
18,825 Posts
Thanks for the info on links and quotes. Very helpful.

It really is important, IMO, to indicate clearly when you are quoting and when you are speaking in your own words.

·
Registered
8,849 Posts
It really is important, IMO, to indicate clearly when you are quoting and when you are speaking in your own words.
I agree!

And now this-
Instead of what we think-WOW! About time.

Maybe we will learn why some links are posted!

"Please do not just post a link or article without adding your own thoughts regarding the information you are sharing."

·
Registered
18,825 Posts
I agree!

And now this-
Instead of what we think-WOW! About time.

Maybe we will learn why some links are posted!

"Please do not just post a link or article without adding your own thoughts regarding the information you are sharing."
Most people let us know why they are posting links. Most of the time. Even if it is just to say: "what do you guys think about this?"

1 - 8 of 8 Posts