Mothering Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,905 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone here have a G-Tube fed child that they are also cloth diapering? What diapers do you like/use? I was told snaps are better as you can run the line through them to keep it out of the way. I need some suggestions please. We dont have a tube yet, but the Drs are talking about it, and I want to be prepared. Thanks!

·
Registered
7,813 Posts
We have a friend who's child has a g-tube and uses cloth. I can see where snaps would work better then velcro. I dont remember which diapers they use but I know they use Motherease Airflows for covers

·
Registered
47 Posts
Hi! My ds has a g-tube and wears cloth. He has a Mic-Key button. (I think that is the most common type) I haven't had a problem with any diapers and the tube yet. We use cpf's, fitteds and aio's. For covers we use wool (soakers and covers) and Bumpy's. The tube is actually a little bit higher than his belly button so you shouldn't have any trouble with whatever you want to use (except maybe a really tall soaker). One thing that I would recommend is onesie style shirts because you can snap them and keep the g-tube covered. I worry about it getting caught on stuff and popping out and this keeps that from happeneing. Feel free to pm me with any questions. My ds has had his from 3 weeks of age so we are really comfortable with it now. Good luck!

·
Registered
18,562 Posts
Thanks for posting this question, I was wondering the same thing! I think my baby may have a g-button in her future, as we are about to start our 3rd month with her NG tube in place.

Darshani
Abirami 12/00- Spirited, gifted, delightful little firecracker, SID evaluation next month

Nitara 1/04- GERD, former FTT, Sandifers Syndrome, NG tube-fed, possible SID (too early to tell yet), adorable smile and great belly laugh

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.