Mothering Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone had issues with their gallbladder? What was it like? About a week ago I hate colicky pains under my right breast for about a day. Now I get more of a numbness and pressure like pain in that area that comes and goes every day--usually associated with eating or at night. My stools have also changed--they are a wierd orange color with mucus stuff in them. From what I gather--that is where my gallbladder is--anyone have anything like this ever?

·
Registered
1,741 Posts
I had my gallbladder taken out a week after I turned 16.. They thought I had gall stones but it wasnt. It was just inflamed and infected really bad. The pain was horrible. I was scheduled to have it out on Wed but ended up having emergency surgery to get it out a few days before. Even now I still have the horrible horrible pains. I found that some foods trigger it and make it worse so I stay away from those, but for a long time the only way to relieve the pain was to vomit.. Something about the contracting of the muscles or something *shrug* But with my morning sickness with all of my pregnancies I dont have the gallbladder pains as much when pregnant as I do not being pregnant..<br><br>
Anyway I hear of a lot of women finding out about their gallbladders when they are pregnant.. So it might be. To be safe Id go get a scan done. I hope it turns out to be nothing

1 - 2 of 2 Posts