Mothering Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
545 Posts
I would go ahead with the surgery. I had gallstones after I had my baby and I was MISERABLE. I can't imagine going through a pregnancy with all that pain. Talk to your doctor about possible pregnancy and see what the side effects/risks are. Also, take into consideration the risks of waiting to have the surgery as well. I don't know if you've ever passed a gallstone but....ohhhh geez that hurts! If something like that had happened during pregnancy I'm sure I would of gone into early labor from the pain. To me gallstone pain is worse than labor, I don't know about you. Also, if you decide to wait, you're gonna have to eat the gallstone diet so you won't flare an attack. I'd rather have the surgery, recover and be able to eat properly to nourish my baby and myself. Even though the diet isn't too terribley bad. I don't know how bad you're gallstone symptoms are, you may be able to deal. I had what they call a "hot gallbladder", nauseous all the time with pain constantly (even when I wasn't having a full blown attack). I would have to have the surgery.

I would talk to your surgeon and also OB/midwife about it too. I'm sure they could help you make the best decision for you and possible baby.
 
1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top