Mothering Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there any way I can wear my 8wk old when gardening comfortably and safely? I have a sling and a baby trekker. I am willing to buy something else if it will work for sure. I can't bend over with either one and squatting she hits my legs.

·
Registered
11,770 Posts
I also recommend a high back carry, but I like doing them with tall-bodied mei tais like a Kozy -- I think the learning curve is less steep than with a wrap.

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the ideas. I think I could do that... maybe... I will have to get a wrap and practice with dh home to spot lol.

·
Registered
4,200 Posts
ITA with Quirky - high back carry in a Kozy. once you get the hang of it you will loooove it! back carries in general are best for gardening so baby isn't in your way. i spent most of last sunday in the garden with DH and the kids planting blueberry bushes, and my 11 mo was on my back pretty much the entire time

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I think I'm going to try out an Ella Roo and baby hawk at a store in Calgary while we are there next weekend. I plan on doing a lot of gardening so this is the first carry I am going to try and master.

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks Grayson's mom, that link was really helpful. There are so many mei tais out there it is hard to choose.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.