Mothering Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
I told my DD about fairy gardens, and she is totally wanting to do one. She has her own little garden box, and now we just have to figure out how to make it into her own fairy garden for very little money. Should be fun!

·
Registered
2,882 Posts
bumping

We have an awkward little corner of our garden about 4 square feet between planter boxes (containing mints), a concrete stone retaining wall, and including one of our apple trees, which has a broken branch, and hopefully soon a nice hollow in the trunk.

Been planning to make a fairy garden there for a while. We made a stepping stone with glow-in-the-dark marbles and a quote from Shakespeare on it, for the fairies to dance on. I want to do lots of other stepping stones, since I want it to be ok for toddlers to crawl around in.

Now we're thinking about plants for between the stones. Thanks for the link, OP, great suggestions. I think low-growing herbs are the right idea. I have a couple of extra herb plants to transplant from my regular herb garden. Anything we put there has to be sturdy and cold-hardy.

Would love any suggestions for making this spot particularly attractive to fairies and small children alike.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.