Mothering Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Following suggestions from people on this board, I tried using a whole garlic clove in my vagina for a yeast infection. Owee! It burned so much that I had to take it right out. What am I doing wrong?

--Susan

·
Registered
971 Posts
ive done it a few times and didnt have any burning or discomfort.....i dont put the garlic in anything but i have seen people suggest cheese cloth. also i think its just as effective to eat the garlic. i chop it in pill size chunks. get a big glass of water and swallow them like that. i have also taken a clove of garlic and put it on the bottom of my foot with a sock on to keep it in place. the next morning your breath will smell of garlic. its weird.

keep trying, it works.

·
Registered
5,079 Posts
Make sure you don't nick any of the membrane on it, peel it very carefully. If that doesn't help, try using some cheesecloth on it to make it like a tampon, then stick it in.

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
I tried it a few weeks ago and it worked for me. I peeled it very carefully and it didn't burn at all. I'm guessing there are more natural remedies if garlic doesn't work for you....I've heard of people using plain yogurt but I haven't tried it.

·
Registered
2,178 Posts
I have used yogurt, garlic is more effective, boric acid better yet (but not as natural). I've never had any burning, even when I cut off the scratchy end of the clove, but maybe you have it pretty bad, and the skin is very irritated?

If you try boric acid, buy the powder at a pharmacy, and pour it into empty gelatin capsules. Insert a couple capsules before you go to bed at night. Can't say it won't be uncomfortable, though, if garlic was. I just think it works faster.

·
Registered
4,491 Posts
I can't do the garlic in my vagina either when I have a yeast infection- you might want to try this if you haven't yet: I open up a probiotic capsule and mix it with plain yogurt and soak a tampon in it then insert it and leave it overnight. I have to do it for 4-5 days but the burning usually stops immediately and the redness is gone by the 3rd day.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts