Mothering Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm due Jan 2nd and seem to have a lot of gas. My stomach hurts and it is hard to eat or sleep some days. Weird. This never happened with my first. Can anyone relate? Have any suggestions?

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
I have TONS of gas. I let out HUGE belches all the time! In fact, I felt the need to burp, and let loose, right as Dh's best friend walked in front of me!
I know there are some mamas with advice. Right now, it isn't hurting really. It's just kinda inconvenient

It IS normal though!

·
Registered
4,482 Posts
Well, I told DP in all earnestness last night that he might want to consider going out to a movie, or at the very least doing some work in his office upstairs. I was SO gassy, it was like a comedy sketch. You couldn't believe it was real, you know?

I have not, however, had any problems eating or sleeping.

Peppermint tea is good for digestion -- Yogi Tea makes one called Mother-to-Be which has red raspberry leaf and nettles and mint, that tastes yummy. Or you could try a homeopathic digestion remedy -- I have some tabs that work wonders. Baking soda is a time-honored home remedy for tummy troubles. And, of course, watch what you eat.

HTH! Feel better soon!
~Nick

·
Registered
223 Posts
I have really bad gas too, and unfortunately it's not belching...Mine is coming out the other end. My dh is so offended by it...And yes, I too, sometimes can't get to sleep because my tummy is full of gas, and I can release it...It comes and goes, and I find that there isn't much I can do to relieve it. I'm naturally gassy to begin with, so when I am not preggers, I have tons of gas, and my remedy is usually laying on my tummy, and switching positions because it helps the gas come out...Now, I don't want to lie on my tummy because I think it might be uncomfortable...I do try to switch a lot from side to side at night because it does help ease the gas out...

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for letting me know it's not just me. I think I just need to eat a little less at each meal. But I do that anyway...oh well. I guess this too shall pass, right? Isn't preganancy fun!? Hee hee...

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
Oh yes! Lots of gassy bloaty stuff going on here, too.
peppermint tea has helped a bit.
My midwife told me Immodium is okay if it gets really painful.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts