Mothering Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
1,663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello
I need some suggestions.... Here is the short version of what is happening here lately

DD's gas is getting worse, not better. Her poops are going have started progressing from a nice yellow to a yellow with greenish tinge to now all green. Even before they hit all green yesterday, in the diaper pail the yellow ones turned green (I noticed this as I was doing diaper laundry)....Oh.. and they are getting slimy too..
She is nursing only one side... has been for a few weeks. But she is progressively nursing for shorter and shorter periods.. 5 minutes, sometimes less.. Very rarely.. can I get her to nurse both sides.. I have a VERY activ elet down. she sputters, coughs and chokes during it and dribbles a lot of milk out of her mouth as she nurses. I hear the air bubbles getting swallowed. It is worse on the right side.. she also prefers this side less. Today I tried to manage the flow by having her nurse on the left side and then popping her off when I felt the letdown to let it spurt into a towel.. well it seems the left side doesnt' spurt...

So... If her gassiness and green poops, are.. .. a foremilk/hindmilk problem.. a food I am eating problem (I have cut out all dairy products for a few weeks.. and aside from some traces in foods that I might miss... we are dairy free. I can't think of any more foods to cut out. Someone suggested I cut out all dairy, soy, meat/beef and wheat.. Well.. ok.. but what is there left to eat???) or a let down, swallowing air.. can't manage the flow and baby get tired to stops nursing before she gets the hind milk problem? Or all 3??

She isn't screaming bloody murder all the time.. that usually happens at night around 8 pm... when her silent reflux (nothing silent about it...) seems to bother her. This coincides with a huge nursing that she does..the only one that lasts for nearly 10 minutes :p So she has a ultra full belly and that aggravates the problem...

Soooo......???? Nurse only one side? For 2 feedings? All day?? How do I get my happy baby back?

Chantal

· Registered
9,433 Posts
((((hugs))))

only slightly related, but because one of your concerns is gassiness, any chance your lil one is dealing with thrush at the same time as these other issues?

also, is she on meds for the reflux? if so, when were the meds started...

· Registered
1,663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by mom2tig99Nroo03
((((hugs))))

only slightly related, but because one of your concerns is gassiness, any chance your lil one is dealing with thrush at the same time as these other issues?

also, is she on meds for the reflux? if so, when were the meds started...

We have no other symptoms of thrush. She has no diaper rash or mouth sores. I have no pain nursing...
She is not on any reflux medications. The Dr wont' treat her as she isn't a "failure to thrive" baby.. not loosing weight etc..

Chantal

· Registered
2,338 Posts
Sounds like fore/hind milk imbalance to me. Try offering the same breast a couple times in a row. Or try pumping for a minute, maybe till letdown, then putting baby to breast. This would help with the spraying and also give her the fattier hind milk to drink.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.