Mothering Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My DS is pretty gassy and it seems to be upsetting him more and more as he gets older (he is just over 2 weeks). He burps and farts quite often - yesterday he seemed to be crying most of the day (besides when he was nursing).

I'm thinking of trying to fix this by eliminating problem foods. is this the best course of action? what should i give up first?

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
I would start with obvious dairy and possibly soy. However, dd2 does burp a lot and has very forceful gas during bowel movements anyway. she is not fussy though. I only avoid obvious dairy at this time, as it makes her butt red, but luckily not screaming fussy like dd1. You can add it back in slowly at 6 mo usually if you still want to eat dairy later. I have decided to try to give it up for life.

Happy Babymoon!
:

·
Registered
2,917 Posts
Averygoodyear - if bananas are the culprit, you might be looking at a latex allergy - tomatoes and avocadoes are also in the latex family.

·
Premium Member
3,549 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by sbrinton View Post
You might also try nursing longer on each side. If the baby is getting too much foremilk and not enough hindmilk, she may be gassier.
Definitely this--especially if he has green or foamy poops.

I couldn't live without dairy, so maybe reduce dairy and cut out the "cuciferous" veggies--not sure of the spelling--but primarily broccoli, coliflower (spelling again), brussel sprouts, cabbage, and others. These are my favorites but if choosing between this and dairy, I would start here.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.