Mothering Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi mamas!<br><br>
So here's my dilemma, I need baby gates! DS is everywhere and loves to crawl 'run' down the hallway and sneak into the bathroom because its apparently really awesome ~ makes me cringe since there are boys in the house and hes on the floor! So I need to get some gates & I'm overwhelmed with so many options. Do any of you recommend certain ones? I tried kiddyguard the ones who slide in and out (how wonderful) but cant afford $100+ per gate and I need roughly 2-3 if feasible. Anyways hope all of you are doing well and just wanted to see if you guys had any ideas. Thanks!

·
Registered
5,293 Posts
for our normal width doors we just use the old school wooden ones from target, walmart or bru....they range from $10-$15 and work perfectly fine. we have one larger door and we have one of those softer brace gates i think it was $40ish and we got it at bru.<br><br>
gl

·
Registered
3,097 Posts
We got the First Years see through ones because we needed two, preferably the same, they needed to be extra wide, and they were on sale at Lowes. I wanted pretty ones, but they can get pretty pricey. We got ours for $17 each.

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
I have first years regular cheapo expanda gate as well as an evenflo wooden swing gate installed at the top of our stairs and 2 8 panel "supergate" that protect our fireplaces from all the kids, or is it the kids from the fireplace? either way I"ve been happy with all our gates

·
Premium Member
34,292 Posts
Moving to Family Safety, your one-stop baby and child-proofing forum.

·
Registered
4,043 Posts
We had the cheap expand-a-gates but DD has learned how to climb them. They are very easy to climb and are a pinch hazard if they are open or the kid leans on them.<br>
We are switching them out for a couple Summer Walk Thru gates this weekend.

·
Registered
88 Posts
We have the Evenflo Secure Step gates and we love them. They permanently install, are very secure, easy to operate, and have no bar to step over. At $60 a piece, we were able to get all three that we needed and they are stair-safe.<br><br>
Brittany

·
Registered
2,586 Posts
We have 2 of <a href="http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2266795" target="_blank">this one</a> & we love them. You can also get extension pieces for wide doorways.<br><br>
FYI, consignment stores usually have lots of gates. Just spend time making sure they have all the parts & are in good working order.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts