Mothering Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
900 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think it would be great if we could keep a list of what we *think* we are having and then compare that to what we are actually having. However, I am one of the most computer illiterate people in the world so I have no idea how we would make it a sticky, but assume we would need to do so to keep up. What do you think?

·
Registered
4,897 Posts
I like it! Unfortunately, I have absolutely no inkling as to the gender of this little nugget...didn't have a clue with DS either (until I caved in at a 32-week U/S checking if he was still transverse or not, and found out he was a he).....I feel so out of touch with my body!

I think one of the mods needs to make it sticky for us???

·
Registered
2,753 Posts
so far i've had 3 boy dreams and one girl dream. so it looks like the boy is winning at this point! the order of the dreams were boy, boy, girl, boy.

i don't necessarily have a history of future-predicting dreams (although my dad does - he's dreamed three times of people on the nights of their deaths - most of them fairly unexpected deaths, too. my mom and i always joke - don't dream about us!)

·
Registered
900 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It's hard to know if my gender prediction is because that's really what I feel it is or just because it's what I want...kwim? But if I had to guess at this point, I would say girl. Not that I am any good at it either since we all *knew* ds was going to be a girl! LOL I think dh would like another boy so that we would have 2 of each, but I just cannot imagine never using all those cute little girl clothes again.

So my guess.....girl!

·
Registered
993 Posts
With my DD, both my husband & I thought it was a girl (we didn't find out ahead of time) and sure enough - she was! This time the pregnancy is so different so far, I'm guessing boy - but that's not very scientific is it?

On www.ivillage.com they have a page in the pregnancy section about the old myths (I hate the term "old wives tales" - it discounts women's wisdom imo)that predict the gender by what you crave, how you look, etc. They were right on for a girl last time. Morning sickness was one of the girl predictors, and my morning sickness is worse this time...so maybe 2 girls?

·
Registered
82 Posts
DH and I agree that with 3 nephews in my family already it's time for a girl. He desperately wants a daughter to spoil, and I've always had this probably crackpot mystical notion that my first child would be a girl and be the third healing point of the double triangle linking 1) my birth mother, me, and her; and 2) my Mom, me and her.

With all this mental preparation for pink booties, it'd be just like my guardian angel to send me a boy, though.

·
Registered
700 Posts
Well, I really want a girl. And I have two boys, so I feel like I am unable to objectively visualize the gender of the little bun. But, hell, put me down for "girl" ;-)

Funny, because I *knew* with my first that he was a boy--no surprise at 20wks when the u/s revealed his little manhood to us.

With my second, we were ALL sure he would be a she. I had girl dreams, so did my mother, my MIL, my sister, my aunt... I have to say that at least he has a lot of feminine energy.

With this one, everyone keeps telling us they hope we have a girl (since we've got two boys)--and I could see DH being so good with a girl too... Ah well, we shall see in about 12wks!

·
Registered
993 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lisa Mitchell
I've always had this probably crackpot mystical notion that my first child would be a girl and be the third healing point of the double triangle linking 1) my birth mother, me, and her; and 2) my Mom, me and her.

That is a BEAUTIFUL image!! Not crackpot at ALL!

·
Registered
1,921 Posts
I would LOVE to have a boy, since the new baby and DS2 will be less than two years apart. But I have a feeling this one will be a girl, and born on June 28th...

That is what we need, a whole prediction sticky...Gender, size, date, etc. We did that with my last DDC, and I actually got the right date (which was two weeks off my due date). Weird.

~C~

·
Registered
3,148 Posts
I've had a feeling that baby c is a girl. That's the one that the doc was worried about because she was a week smaller than the other 2. I jsut knew it was a little girl who would be a troublemaker. I'm pretty sure one is a boy and the other I think is a boy but every so often I "see" 2 girls and a boy.

·
Registered
3,846 Posts
I swore up and down with my first pregnancy that I would have a girl...we had a boy. I have no clue with this one...We aren't finding out the sex so we'll have the official answer in about 34 weeks
I haven't had any dreams, but my 4 1/2 year old son has had 2 dreams so far that involved twins. We'll see about that one too

·
Registered
826 Posts
I'm going to say girl.

That said, my husbands family hasn't seen a girl in 4 generations. His great grandfather had 12 boys... No one in our church has had a girl in 3.5 years. With 600 members, that's a problem.
But, I've prayed for a girl and I really believe that I'll get one. Maybe no this time, but eventually. I just hope it's this time. I'm feeling really good about the girl thing though...

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
I've felt girl all along this time. Actually, though, I felt girl before we conceived.
It's not a "this is what I'd prefer" kind of thing, because I used to feel that we'd end up with all boys, and I was pretty excited by that. I'd be happy to have a little girl, but to be honest, I'm a little nervous, too. I've always found boys easier to deal with, even when I was a little girl myself!

·
Registered
2,812 Posts
I think this one will be another girl. I have nothing to base it on except the fact that I would be very surprised if it was a boy. I have been right with my other kids, but I already had a 50/50 shot at it
I guess we will find out in about 32 more weeks!

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
I'm SOOOO curious as to the sex of this babe!! I KNEW DS was a boy at about 3 months along... had a very vivid dream about him. But this one I have no clue yet. DH wants another boy, and I would be totally happy with that. But I have felt myself more drawn to girl names, and thinking about them much more. Also, I keep calling the baby "she." Hmmmmm.... Girl?

OO! And if we're guessing weight and date:
June 3 (DH's b-day) and 8lbs 8oz.

DS was born on his due date and was 8lbs. 14oz.

·
Registered
64 Posts
We both thought "girl" even before she was conceived. We have actually been talking about her, by name, for months.

After spending the weekend with my friend in OR that has a 2 year old girl, I now wondering if I should switch my hopes to a boy....far less dramatic I would imagine.

·
Registered
649 Posts
I think we are having a boy.Last night i dreamed I was walking, rather floating down my hall. I went ino the dining room and there was a huge blue bow on the table.

Can't wait to find out. can they tell at 20 weeks.If I have no more problems that will be my next ultrasound.

·
Registered
2,062 Posts
I feel like this one is a girl. I felt with my first two that they were boys and I was right. Dh thinks its because I want a girl but really I'll be happy either way I just feel like its a girl. And he actually thinks its a girl too.

·
Registered
362 Posts
I have a feeling and a big hope that this one is a boy. A long time ago I had a psychic friend of mine tell me that I would have a little girl with dark hair and dark eyes (this fits both my adopted daughter and natural daughter to the T)
and she then said that my next one would be a boy.....sooo I keep hoping she is right, especially since my dear friend just bought me a large gift of the cutest boy clothes! She will kill me if its another girl.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.