Mothering Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
is it just me or do people really have this weird assumption that boys make you SOOO sick and it MUST be a girl if your pregnancy is nice and calm so far.

I honestly don't like this gender perpetuation. I honestly take offense to people thinking that if i'm feeling good, it has to be a girl. As a mother of two boys, I guess I just don't appreciate the sterotypes of boys being the "heathens", the "difficult" ones to carry being tossed around as truth to expectant mothers.

Anyone else kinda put off by this?

·
Registered
5,218 Posts
I was horrifically sick during the first trimester with my dd. Thankfully, I'm not exposed to too many people who are caught up in those types of stereotypes, because they bug me too.

·
Premium Member
10,793 Posts
I don't pay attention because it means diddly squat. With my son I craved roast beef sandwiches and desserts (tapioca pudding with whip cream or homemade breadpudding). With my daughter it was cherries. With this one its breakfast burritos so far. So who knows.

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
My boys never made me sick... this one though. It makes me wonder if it's a girl just based on how yucky I feel (and I'm only 4 weeks!). There are a whole bunch of those silly old wives tales. None of them were true last time, so I don't put much stock in them anymore.

·
Registered
5,261 Posts
I've always heard the opposite (boy=good, girl=sick), but regardless, I KWYM! We didn't find out with DD (won't this time either) so people are guessing the whole time...I guess I did kinda take offense to people aways assuming it was a boy (HA, she was ALL girl...and all "boy" signs" according to everyone!). It was just annoying and frustrating that people took it upon themselves CONSTANTLY to tell me what I was having.

·
Registered
2,610 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by 1babysmom View Post
I've always heard the opposite (boy=good, girl=sick), but regardless, I KWYM! We didn't find out with DD (won't this time either) so people are guessing the whole time...I guess I did kinda take offense to people aways assuming it was a boy (HA, she was ALL girl...and all "boy" signs" according to everyone!). It was just annoying and frustrating that people took it upon themselves CONSTANTLY to tell me what I was having.
I agree!

my first pregnancy I had hyperemesiss til 5 months!!!!

grrr, people need to get a grip.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.