Mothering Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
684 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is anyone finding out gender early? My husband had originally convinced me to be team green this pregnancy, but I couldn't take it and he agreed to go ahead and let me find out. Tonight I got the results from our Panorama genetic test - all healthy praise the Lord, and we found out we are having another baby girl!! I am SO, SO thrilled. I wasn't hoping either way, but I love having one daughter and I think two close in age will be so very special. I am absolutely ecstatic, I just had to come and share it with someone!

:joy

Reactions: Erica13

·
Registered
1,742 Posts
Ahh congratulations! That is so exciting!! I would love to have another little girl I won't find out gender until the anatomy scan, but I always try to guess off the 12 week u/s anyway lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
203 Posts
How fun!

I want to find out. DH wants a boy this time around; I honestly don't have a preference. I like being able to plan and it also narrows the name search in half!

·
Registered
2,559 Posts
Yep. I'll be finding out either today or in the next few days. My midwife appointment is today. I sure hope they got the results back!

·
Registered
7,632 Posts
Is anyone finding out gender early? My husband had originally convinced me to be team green this pregnancy, but I couldn't take it and he agreed to go ahead and let me find out. Tonight I got the results from our Panorama genetic test - all healthy praise the Lord, and we found out we are having another baby girl!! I am SO, SO thrilled. I wasn't hoping either way, but I love having one daughter and I think two close in age will be so very special. I am absolutely ecstatic, I just had to come and share it with someone!

:joy
congrats! i have 3 daughters (4,7,9) and I love it so much. Part of me wants another one, but I would also like another son, he is pretty out numbered by sisters! I won't be finding out as far as I know. I knew with my other 4 very instinctively. I don't have much sense of this one yet..

·
Registered
2,559 Posts
*sigh* Turns out there wasn't enough fetal dna in my blood, so they cancelled the test. :gloomy They did another draw today, so I have to wait another 2 weeks for results. The midwife said she'd call as soon as they got anything back. She said there's a possibility that it might not work again, but that she'd let me know either way.

The good news is that they had also done screening in my blood for any carriers I might have, and all that was negative, so that's good at least.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi Congrats to all . I'm new at this and wanted to get some opinions. I'm 11 weeks and my doctor did my 1st ultrasound. He said its looks like I'm having a boy. But is it to early to tell? Here is my ultrasound pic can anyone tell?

Attachments

·
Registered
2,559 Posts
I'm 11 weeks and my doctor did my 1st ultrasound. He said its looks like I'm having a boy. But is it to early to tell? Here is my ultrasound pic can anyone tell?
@justme252 It's the wrong view. We'd need a side view to really get a good idea.

Here is mine for an idea:

·
Registered
684 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
@funfunkyfantastic that stinks!! The waiting is the hardest part. I tried to remind myself that I was still finding out CRAZY early so a few extra days wouldn't kill me. But expectations are a you know what. I got the carrier panel too, was relieved that was all negative as well.
@FluffyFlamingo the name thing is a huge reason why I wanted to find out - our last name is really common/boring, so finding a good name is really hard for me. Plus I really like girl names better than boy names... easier for me anyway. :) I didn't have a preference, but I was VERY happy to get the girl news.
@sarah13 I have wondered if my midwife would be strict as well, but I don't start seeing her until after we move in a few weeks, so right now I'm still under care of my traditional OB who is always up for an ultrasound or blood draw, etc. I'm looking forward to making the switch to a midwife!
@MamaFern How fun. My husband and I have always thought we'd have all girls for some reason, but i do hope we get a boy at some point. I don't know if we'll have 3, or 4. Girls are a lot of fun, in my limited experience... certainly a lot of fun to shop for and knit for!
@dahlia810 thank you!! I found out at 12 week u/s with DD1, but it was one of those "in-depth" scans that you can get in some of the more progressive clinics. I think it's totally possible as long as you get a good look at that little genital tubercle!

·
Registered
2,559 Posts
Found out the gender today. It's a girl! Looks like we're having some girls here in this club! I guess that Chinese gender predicting calendar is right!

·
Registered
1,742 Posts
Who wants to guess the nub? [This place is just packed.

·
Registered
684 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

·
Registered
2,559 Posts
@dahlia810 From the skull shape, and what I can make out to be a nub, i'll say girl.
@sarahl918 Yeah, it was right for DD1 and this one too, but for some reason for my mom it was wrong. It said I'd be a boy, lol. I wasn't sure what to make of it from the mixed results.

·
Registered
1,742 Posts
And congrats @funfunkyfantastic ! I can't remember if I said it yet or not!

·
Registered
1,742 Posts
Oh and whoops, part of a text somehow got pasted in my post lol

·
Registered
203 Posts
I just got the call from my OB's office - no chromosomal abnormalities, and we're having another little GIRL! My DD will be so excited, as she really wants a little sister. :D

For anyone else having a MaterniT21 draw, I got my results one week and one day after my lab draw. I know I looked up to see what the actual time frame was online, so I thought I'd throw it out there.

·
Registered
1,742 Posts
Yay for a little girl @FluffyFlamingo !! And that's great that the test came back clear! That's good to know about the materniT21 draw. I wish the doctor at the u/s place had been clear about what test the finger prick was. Was materniT21 the finger prick? Ugh so annoying!!

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Yay for a little girl @FluffyFlamingo !! And that's great that the test came back clear! That's good to know about the materniT21 draw. I wish the doctor at the u/s place had been clear about what test the finger prick was. Was materniT21 the finger prick? Ugh so annoying!!

Combined with the ultrasound, it was probably the nuchal transparency test.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts