Mothering Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
<p>x-posted in infertility</p>
<p>I've been seeing an ND and I'm 35-we have been TTC #2 for a year+. My progesterone tested at 11.....7 days after ovulation. I usually ovulate around day 12, 13 and this month 14. My cycles are short-usually around 25 -26 days total so my LP is usually 11 days. I saw my ob/gyn recently. She was concerned about my progesterone levels and offered me a vaginal suppository progesterone Rx to use the 2 weeks following ovulation. She also suggested the dye/x ray the tubes test to look for blockages. I have one child, who I conceived easily the first time. What are the chances I now have an issue with a blockage? She thought unlikely so I wasn't ready to go down that road and if a blockage is found....what is the treatment? We don't want to do IUI or IVF for personal reasons as well as because we can't afford it.  . My progesterone was tested in the spring-I've been on herbs and supplements and am thinking of asking for a re-test before starting the suppositories. Is progesterone supposed to help with lengthening the luteal phase? I also see an accupuncturist and have been for 18months now as well. She suggested a SA for my DH to rule that out-since that's not physically invasive-we may do that but again....he's healthy-and we have one child already.</p>
<p>also-first born was a emergency c-section. Apparently....I could have scarring from this surgery that is causing fertility issues? This is what Ih ave read online tonight-the dr didn't say this.,</p>
<p>I am feeling crampy and PMS yet again-my DS is 5.5..tick tick tick.....UGH......</p>
<p>I"m thinking progesterone and SA are next-I don't really feel comfortable pursuing anything else.......</p>

·
Registered
943 Posts
<p>Mainemommy secondary infertility is really frustrating. I had my first child easily with no problems conceiving but our attempts at a second have not panned out. For me it is probably age related as I was 39 when dd was born. I have heard of someone who had a c-section and then secondary infertility, an US revealed a hole in her uterus from the c-section. Once that was repaired she conceived naturally. So anything is possible. It would not hurt to do the SA and the progesterone test again. Then you can make some decisions. Is your acupuncturist specialize in fertility? What do they recommend? I would recommend reading The Infertility Cure by Randine Lewis. Good luck.</p>

1 - 2 of 2 Posts