Mothering Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
<p><span style="color:rgb(128,0,128);">Hi Everyone! I just joined today. =) I love Mothering, and just bought myself a subscription for the holidays. I'm a brand new mom with a 4 month old son named Leo!</span></p>
<p><span style="color:rgb(128,0,128);">Anybody live around the area?!</span></p>

·
Premium Member
8,105 Posts
<p>Hello, and Welcome to MDC!!  :)</p>
<p> </p>
<p>There are an active group of Mamas in Genesee County, but it can be hit or miss as to when they check the boards.  There are LLL groups in your area, and there is a great MOMS group in Lake Orion, which meets on Thursday mornings, which is FULL of AP mamas.  We'd love to have you.  You can PM me for more info, if you would like.  I can help you with the LLL meetings, depending on where you live, as well as the MOMS group (which isn't super close, but is prolly not that far either.)  Starting in January, I hope to start getting coffee nights going again around here (till then I have a veritable storm of births, so would prolly set one up and not be able to come), where we meet someplace central for dinner and coffee afterward.  We always have great conversation, and of COURSE your little ones are welcome.  <3</p>

·
Registered
359 Posts
<p>From Genesee County here!  If you are on Facebook, look up the group "Genesee County Babywearers" and request to join.  We have babywearing meetings in Davison twice a month and it would be a good time to make some connections!</p>

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
<p>Thanks so much for all the great info! I live in Grand Blanc, so Lake Orion isn't too far but isn't 15-20 minutes away either. My inlaws live in Lapeer though, so I will definitely think about that MOMs group when I'm in the area. Also, I noticed you are a Doula! That is so exciting! I am planning on starting a workshop in Feb. to begin the process of becoming a Doula. Do you have any suggestions/advice for me about going into the field? </p>

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
<p>From Genesee County, moving back in a month and a half!!</p>

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
<p>I live in Saginaw County, about 40 minutes from Flint.</p>

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
<p>Narmowen, where at?  My sister lives in Kingston and works in Sandusky.  My mom is in Capac. :)</p>

1 - 8 of 8 Posts