Mothering Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering if there is anyone else out there dealing with this. I was diagnosed at 5 weeks, found out it's not so much my diet, but the fact I have to much resistance through the night. On injections now, but just want to know how that effects my body, if at all. Last night I had white bread (wrong I know) and my level was high, and after testing for 2 weeks my level was never high no matter what I ate. So does injections mess with your body in that my body will go "oh I've got plenty of insulin" and stop making as much? Might be a crazy question but I don't know anyone who has had this so not many people to talk to other then doctors.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Just wondering if there is anyone else out there dealing with this. I was diagnosed at 5 weeks, found out it's not so much my diet, but the fact I have to much resistance through the night. On injections now, but just want to know how that effects my body, if at all. Last night I had white bread (wrong I know) and my level was high, and after testing for 2 weeks my level was never high no matter what I ate. So does injections mess with your body in that my body will go "oh I've got plenty of insulin" and stop making as much? Might be a crazy question but I don't know anyone who has had this so not many people to talk to other then doctors.
I haven't had GD, but my ND mentioned that myoinositol is a good remedy for GD at my last appointment.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I haven't had GD, but my ND mentioned that myoinositol is a good remedy for GD at my last appointment.
Thanks, I'll look into it. So far everything I've found you can normally take is not good during pregnancy. Found something that was meant to be good at controlling diabetes, went researching it, bad for pregnancy, then found out it is in my pregnancy multivitamin! Pretty much the doctors here are useless when it comes to anything more "natural" :serious:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts