Mothering Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Mamas who have already done this, do you think the length of your previous pregnancies has anything to do with how long this one will go?

I had my dd at 38 weeks after my water broke. I can remember that I was 90% effaced at my 36 week appt. I'm wondering if I will have this one early as well.

I almost hope I don't, so that I'll have more time! I will probably be singing a different tune though when October rolls around though...

· Registered
831 Posts
I hope not, lol. I don't want to go past 40 weeks again!! I was soo miserable! Of course it was only 5 days over 40 weeks, but still!!

I actually hope that this little one comes right around 39 weeks... It will give me more time to recuperate so that I can spend time with hubby for his birthday (6 days after my edd) and go trick or treating with my son.

· Registered
2,548 Posts
With my first I was 2 weeks past my EDD. With my next three kiddos I was 40 weeks and some change with each. I fully expect this babe to make her entrance at 40 weeks and a few days, too.

· Registered
247 Posts
Both my mom and older sis went over with the first, then a week earlier with each baby thereafter. (My mom's were: #1 two weeks late.... #2 one week late... #3 on the due date.... #4 one week early)
I figured I would be the same, but my first was 8 days before the edd, and my second was 4 days after the edd. I'm not even going to guess for this one.
(Although, it is tempting to guess that it will happen on the full moon. It did with both of my other births!)

· Registered
2,208 Posts
I am hoping to go to the full 40 weeks. I don't think I would mind if I went a little over, but I REALLY want October 7th as this LOs bday

· Registered
1,990 Posts
I had DS at 35 weeks. He was totally fine, but I'd like to make it to term this time (37). If I make it all the way to 40 though I don't know how I'll bear it--I'm already as heavy and large as I was when I had DS.

But, I had a friend who also had a healthy 35 weeker, and her 2nd child was born at 39 weeks. But she was having progesterone shots for awhile.

· Registered
690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by sweetestday View Post
(Although, it is tempting to guess that it will happen on the full moon. It did with both of my other births!)
Ooooh I forgot about the full moon! Dd was a full moon baby. When is the full moon in October? Anybody looked it up yet?

· Registered
567 Posts
10/14 is the October full moon. I brought up whether it is more common to give birth on a full moon and my crunchy mw said unequivocally that there is no truth to that. I was kind of disappointed because I thought it might up my chances of not going to 42 weeks...

· Registered
411 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by sarah.astrid View Post
10/14 is the October full moon. I brought up whether it is more common to give birth on a full moon and my crunchy mw said unequivocally that there is no truth to that. I was kind of disappointed because I thought it might up my chances of not going to 42 weeks...
Well, two out of my 3 babies were born under full moons, so my odds are a little higher.
My ds #3 was due two days before the full moon but ended up staying put until 42 weeks.

With my first, I went 1 week overdue, #2 was 3 days overdue, and like I said #3 went 2 weeks over. I'll be happy if this little one arrives within a week of its due date. Going to 42 weeks, thinking that I would go even longer, was the pits.

· Registered
1,820 Posts
Haven't had a LO yet but I hope I don't go to 40 weeks or over. I am ready for this to be over already and for some reason I have been having feelings that this LO will come early. Full moon baby would be nice.....it would put me at 38+1.

· Premium Member
1,531 Posts
My first pregnancy went until 41 weeks 1 day. My last one went until 40 weeks 6 days. I tend to go over the "due date".

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.