Mothering Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
18,653 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone else got examples of hysteria over "variants" in the news?

The New York Times on Thursday published an article about the spread of a possible new COVID variant in New York City. After the article was picked up widely by other mainstream media outlets, scientists and public health officials were quick to condemn what they said was the “potentially premature release of unfinished research.”

The Times cited studies from two teams of researchers. One study, posted online Tuesday, was led by a group of researchers at the California Institute of Technology. The other study, which had been obtained by the Times but not yet made public, came from a group of researchers at Columbia University.

Neither study had been peer reviewed, published in a scientific journal or shared with public officials before being published by the Times, according to NBC New York.

Reactions: applejuice

·
Registered
615 Posts
The hysteria over variants is alive and well in the EU. Ireland was hysterical over the variant coming out of Britain and has blamed the rash of "covid" deaths (read "vaccine" victims) over the last month and a half to this awful new more contagious variety... (heavy sarcasm)

And now that it's dying down again they are crying wolf over the new brazilian variant and planning to lock anyone from 20 countries in mandatory quarantine in hotels at the airport at their own expense for 14 days. It's nuts!

·
Registered
18,653 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The hysteria over variants is alive and well in the EU. Ireland was hysterical over the variant coming out of Britain and has blamed the rash of "covid" deaths (read "vaccine" victims) over the last month and a half to this awful new more contagious variety... (heavy sarcasm)

And now that it's dying down again they are crying wolf over the new brazilian variant and planning to lock anyone from 20 countries in mandatory quarantine in hotels at the airport at their own expense for 14 days. It's nuts!
That is nuts. The level of terror they are aiming for should get the pushers locked into prison ans terrorists, don't you think?

·
Registered
615 Posts
You'd think so, but there's a large portion of the government screaming that they're not going far enough and it should be "all" countries sequestered at the airport for two weeks! For a country whose entire economic base is predicated on tourism it seems a little.. counter-productive? They are actually coming out and stating that the fact that the Irish people are saving money and not spending it is a bad thing and trying to figure out ways to "puncture the savings bubble" to "save their economy". It's totally sickening. The numbers of positive pcr cases are dropping so they went to testing close contacts twice to keep the numbers up...

·
Registered
18,653 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You'd think so, but there's a large portion of the government screaming that they're not going far enough and it should be "all" countries sequestered at the airport for two weeks! For a country whose entire economic base is predicated on tourism it seems a little.. counter-productive? They are actually coming out and stating that the fact that the Irish people are saving money and not spending it is a bad thing and trying to figure out ways to "puncture the savings bubble" to "save their economy". It's totally sickening. The numbers of positive pcr cases are dropping so they went to testing close contacts twice to keep the numbers up...
Apparently Merck bought Ireland?

·
Registered
17 Posts
There is an excellent treatment for this illness, outlined by the East Virginia Medical School. Four of my relatives tested positive, and were quite sick, but they followed the protocol outlined, and by that same evening, all of their fevers broke, and the next day they all felt much better, with no relapses. Early intervention is best. It is sheer lunacy to ignore the excellent, safe, inexpensive treatments available, and opt instead for high-risk vaccines, or permanent enslavement to government oppression. I'm in the 'vulnerable' group, and I don't want Anyone to lose their freedom over supposedly 'protecting' someone like me!!! I'd rather live free, and die, than be a prisoner in my home.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Interesting! I looked up the East Virginia Medical School protocol. They have two: one for prevention/early treatment, one for severe/hospital treatment. Really very interesting and informative - thanks, thurmanmom!

https://www.evms.edu/media/evms_pub...cine/EVMS_Critical_Care_COVID-19_Protocol.pdf
While there is no cure or “Magic-bullet” for COVID-19, recently, a number of therapeutic agents have shown great promise for both the prevention and treatment of this disease including Ivermectin, Vitamin D, quercetin, melatonin, Vitamin C and corticosteroids. It is likely that no single drug will be effective in treating this complex disease and that multiple drugs with different mechanisms of action used in specific phases of the disease will be required. Furthermore, a growing body of evidence suggests that many of these agents may act synergistically in various phases of the disease.

·
Registered
18,653 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Attacks on states ending mask mandates include "variants" as part of the scare strategy. Dr. Fauci Has Harsh Words About States' Mask Mandate Rollback

Biden also joined calls made by both Dr. Anthony Fauci and CDC Director Rochelle Walensky who said, "I am really worried about reports that more states are rolling back the exact public health measures we have recommended to protect people from COVID-19," (via NBC News).

Walensky warned, "Please hear me clearly. At this level of cases with variants spreading, we stand to completely lose the hard-earned ground we have gained."

Texas and Mississippi appear to be hoping that the coming of a vaccine will be enough to keep the coronavirus at bay, despite medical concerns that COVID-19 variants will be able to get around the protection vaccinations offer.
Is it the vaccine, or perhaps the Govs are just smart politicians and can read the public?

·
Registered
4,268 Posts
Funny how everything is opening up despite dire warnings of ''third, fourth, and fifth surges coming''....schools are back in session for in person learning and dine in again, too.

Where are all the shutdowns with these coming surges? We shut down the country a year ago for a surge that wasn't happening, with less than 100 cases....

SMH

·
Registered
24,545 Posts
There is an excellent treatment for this illness, outlined by the East Virginia Medical School. Four of my relatives tested positive, and were quite sick, but they followed the protocol outlined, and by that same evening, all of their fevers broke, and the next day they all felt much better, with no relapses. Early intervention is best. It is sheer lunacy to ignore the excellent, safe, inexpensive treatments available, and opt instead for high-risk vaccines, or permanent enslavement to government oppression. I'm in the 'vulnerable' group, and I don't want Anyone to lose their freedom over supposedly 'protecting' someone like me!!! I'd rather live free, and die, than be a prisoner in my home.
What is the excellent treatment?

·
Registered
18,653 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Went looking for articles about the dangers of the UK variant and found this one. UK COVID-19 variant has significantly higher death rate, study finds

In the UK study, published in the British Medical Journal on Wednesday, infection with the new variant led to 227 deaths in a sample of 54,906 COVID-19 patients, compared with 141 among the same number of patients infected with other variants.
What doesn't seem to be defined is the word "patient". Does it mean people who are actually symptomatic or people who have tested positive?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts