Mothering Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Get Writing/Calling: Thurs 11/3-Tempe, AZ NIP ordinance

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi Mamas!!

Forwarding this from Amy Milliron, the NIP mom from the Chandler pool. We are trying to get Tempe, a neighboring city to enact a pro-NIP ordinance like Chandler just did. Please call/write/come to the council meeting, if you can:

I realize this is short notice, but can I ask another big favor?!?!?! I have put myself on scheduled public appearances for this Thursday's Tempe City Council Meeting. I looked at their calendar and realized we can't waste any time if we want other cities to jump on board before the state begins session in January. I have already called every council member in Tempe and I have written to each of them at well. Please, please write and call and get geared up for Thursday. I know this is asking a lot, but please come on Thursday night. It is because of all of you that changes happen in our state. If we can get a handful of cities on board before January, we will be in good shape.

Please take part by doing anything you have time to do:

Send an e-mail/call the Tempe Mayor and Council by following the directions below:

use the link below to email mayor and council.

http://www.tempe.gov/elected/councilmailer.asp

To leave a message for Mayor and all Council members
24 hours a day, call 480 350-8110

Note: All email communications with the Mayor and City Council
have been requested by the media and are subject to disclosure.

Come to the Tempe City Council Meeting this Thursday, November 3 at 7:30 P.M. Pack the house! We can do it! Fill out a card when you arrive and please plan to speak if you feel comfortable. They need to hear from you.

Tempe City Council
November 3, 2005

Harry E. Mitchell Government Center
Tempe City Hall - City Council Chambers
31 East Fifth Street
7:30 p.m.

Thanks for your continued support!

Amy Milliron

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.