Mothering Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
882 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's official...I'm getting a nasty cold. Achy joints and all.
I need a gameplan ladies!

What can I do to head this off and prevent it from getting worse? Meds/herbs I can take?

Thanks!
:

· Registered
844 Posts
Not sure to be honest. I had a HORRID cold for over two weeks that is only now almost gone - although I still have the hacking post-nasal cough. I found that Mucinex helped some, as did TONS of water and tea (with honey). I've heard echinacea is safe during pregnancy but I'm not positive on that one. Hope you feel better soon!

· Registered
5,151 Posts
If I take it early (like right when symptoms start), astragalus herb prevents me from fully getting a cold. Unfortunately, I keep forgetting to make some more capsules.

· Registered
37 Posts
I'm on the sofa for the third day with a knock out cold. I reckon I'm on the mend now though - Its been horrible.

Temp shot up to 102 so I've been taking Paracetamol for the past two days. Didn't make me feel much better, but did help lower my temperature. Otherwise chamomile tea with honey has been the best - and lots and lots and lots of water. Peppery chicken broth has been pretty good too.

Hope it doesn't hit you to hard. Being ill while pregnant is not nice!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.