Mothering Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
<p>I may be getting a little ahead of myself, but I'm thinking about my LO and all of the changes I'd like to occur before the baby comes.  I just stopped pumping for him a week ago (EPed for two years!) and that was such a relief to be done with that.  While I loved giving him my milk, and if I were nursing it would have been different probably, but pumping is just a chore.  Anyways, we are still cosleeping and have not even begun potty training.  He hasn't really shown any intrest/readiness in the pottying arena, and while I love sleeping with him..that might change when I'm huge and can't get comfy.  Already its a pain to try to sneak out of bed to pee three times a night (he's very sensitive and wakes up very easily).  Not to mention I can smell his peepee diaper all night long..lol. </p>
<p> </p>
<p>To make a short story long..lol, is anyone in my boat? What do you want to do with your other kids before the new baby?</p>

·
Registered
107 Posts
<p>i am right there with you! our daughter's 2 1/2. tho i know she should be potty trained by now she isn't. so there, lol. we don't exclusively co-sleep, but the majority of the time it ends up that way.  we have a puppy too, so .... by 3 am it's usually DH, DD, puppy, me & the cat all in the queen size bed, generally i'm in the middle & gotta squiggle my way out to pee a thousand times. but concerning how to make changes? um, still trying to take one day at a time. i'm only 4 weeks yesterday (early HPT) & my hormones are so wild right now i can just take one day at a time & try not to worry too much about how life's going to change. cuz honestly, i can't handle taking on the whole world right now.</p>

·
Registered
463 Posts
<p>It is a bit early in the day yet, but the biggest change we'll need here is to take DD's bed!  She has one of those cribs that converts down into a toddler bed, but we're going to want it back as a crib to "sidecar" to our bed when the baby comes.  We'll move her to a "big girl bed", which will be much higher and bigger than the little crib that's 6 inches off the ground that she sleeps in now.  I'll probably make the switch 2-3 months before the babe arrives so that she has time to adjust and doesn't feel like her bed is being just taken away from her.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>DD still co-sleeps a little bit - she wanders into our room at 4-5am every morning and another couple hours of sleep.  I think this should be okay with a baby.  The baby would be sidecarred on one side of me, and DD sleeps on the other side, between DH and I.  Hopefully this won't interfere with much!</p>

1 - 3 of 3 Posts