Mothering Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,774 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Over the past week I have been trying to get my dd back on an early schedule before school starts next week. Her bedtime for school is 8:00, so right now at 8:30-9:00 she is in bed. This past week at 10:00 she is still trying to get to sleep. I don't know if she is starting to get anxious or what. Right now she gets up at 7:30, but when school starts she will have to be up at 6:45. I hope it doesn't get worse the closer school gets, she'll probably be a walking zombie by then.

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
2 of my dds start school in about a week. I just started trying to get them back on schedule because I didn't realize that it was this close! Getting them up in the morning isn't the hard part, it's getting them to go to sleep at night. I just try to start the routine a little earlier.

·
Registered
17,896 Posts
I think you are on the right trak. You may want to go ahead and start waking her up at 6:45. that might make it easier for her to go to sleep at night.

good luck

·
Registered
8,198 Posts
My dd starts school in a week. She's still going to bed at 1am and getting up at 11am. I've talked and talked to her. We'll work on it more this week, but it's really up to her to decide. She'll get it the first week that she's a zombie. I know she'll be a grump and I'll have to have a lot of patience with her.

·
Registered
8,109 Posts
i've got to start to work on this. dd1's school will be earlier this year and she needs a lot of time in the morning to wake up, eat, draw some pictures. she's definitely not a rush out of the house in the morning person although we may do that for the first few days when she's super excited about school. last night she stayed up til midnight and slept til 9 and moaned around for about a half hour this morning about how tired she was. part of it is me, 'cause i don't have much patience with trying to get my kids to sleep if they're not tired. i think i'm going to start trying to get her up earlier this weekend. she starts school on wednesday.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.