Mothering Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2,210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So DS (2.5) has decided he is going to get up to pee. Great! Or so I thought....

My previous, crash and sleep through the night guy is now up 3 times to pee each night - which means I'm up 3 times to help and rock him back to sleep.

How do you get them to get up, pee (I'm fine helping) then lay back down and go to sleep without another bedtime routine?

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
My DD went through the same thing at about that age--she was sleeping through the night, but then the potty trips started and we had more and more nightwaking. The other day, someone on here suggested making a potty trip when you come to bed, since that way the kiddo might be in a deeper sleep and go back to sleep more quickly, plus you won't have to wake fully from your sleep. Maybe that would help? I also tried to limit liquids for quite a while before my DD's bedtime to try to cut down on the potty breaks.

If it helps, this was just a phase and within several months my DD could go longer and longer without having to pee and started sleeping through the night again.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.