Mothering Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm 9 days over and I'm DONE. This baby is huge, I'm in pain, and I'm an emotional wreck. I'm so worried about how much longer the baby will be healthy in there. I actually had an anxiety attack this morning (I haven't had one in years).

What are SAFE ways to naturally induce? We've been having sex, but it HURTS. I'm trying to walk, but it HURTS. I'm not about to eat spicy foods because my heartburn is already out of control.

What works??? Help me out ladies!!!

Oh yeah, as of last thursday, I was about 3.5 cm dilated, 70% effaced, and my cervix was "mush". I'm READY. You'd think the baby would be ready to fall out by now.

·
Registered
12,099 Posts
I'm not from your DDC, just saw this on new posts. I just wanted to tell you my daughter was born 13 days late. I didn't do induction or anything, and I have friends who have tried castor oil et al and got badly dehydrated, which is a bad bad way to start labour, so I personally would stay away from anything harsher than spicy food and sperm.

Docs are crazy about induction now, but back in the day things were different. I was 17 days late myself, and they were a lot calmer about things back in the 70s. Now we get stressed out because induction is the norm.

Your baby will come!! And soon! Good luck to you, stay comfy and take care of yourself during these last few days.
s to you.

·
Premium Member
2,670 Posts
You might want to try homeopathic Blue Cohosh (caulophyllum) as it is much gentler than castor oil or blue cohosh. I hope you go into labor really soon. I am sorry you are in pain and feel anxious. My first was 14 days overdue and I ended up getting my membranes stripped. Sending lots of calm peaceful labor vibes. Hang in there!
Wendi

·
Registered
1,886 Posts
Hey mama. I'm 42w 4d, so I feel you! Baby is safe or he/she would have come out by now. I know what kind of emotional roller coaster you are riding. Just calm yourself and do something that is relaxing. My kiddos are in preschool, so all last week I came home and ate yummy food and watched movies. Hang in there. Your babe will come out soon...probably before mine!

Wendi....my midwife told me before she dropped me from care to take the blue and black homeopathics together....one on the hour, the other on the half hour. She said they are meant to take together. Do you know anything about this, or can you direct me somewhere to read up on it?

J

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
My midwifes also said to alternate the remedies

They are (sitting here in front of me, since I'm taking them *right now!*):

cimicifuga and caulophyllum thalictroides

Take 3-4 every half hour, alternating, for 6 hours.

You can also go for an herbal tincture of the cohoshes, but I think that is a much more forceful method.

You could try googling Susun Weed's work on this -- my friend who used the homeopathic and the herbals in 2 of her labors said she was following a Susun Weed protocol.

GL

·
Premium Member
3,804 Posts
Just wanted to offer a hug! I totally get where you are at. The night my baby came I told my dh the same things you are saying and that we would look towards natural induction if he didn't come out by the next day. Fortunatly he came that night, so I am hoping the same for you. Give your baby an ultimatum and maybe the lil bugger will come out!

·
Registered
462 Posts
I hear you mama. This baby was "late" and I was beginning to worry. I knew baby was bigger than my others already and liked to hang out posterior. I wanted her OUT. Just getting off the couch had become a noisy and time consuming activity. I was walking, having sex and doing lots of deep squats but having absolutely no labor signs. I was beginning to doubt my body and my baby. Then, 7 days past my due date, I woke up to regular contractions and 1/2 hour later my bag of water exploded movie style. Labor progressed quickly and smoothly. Didn't realize I had hit transition until my body started pushing. I didn't actively push until she was almost crowning and then I only pushed twice. She was a 10 lb baby with perfect 10 apgars. My body and my baby knew exactly what they were doing.
You will be holding your baby so very soon! Your baby is safe and happy and preparing for a grand entrance. Try to relax and rest up in whatever time you have left. Pamper yourself. Make big plans for 3 days from now so you have to cancel them or have something marvelous to do while you wait for baby.
Sending you lots of happy labor vibes!

·
Registered
189 Posts
I agree with allbrightmama...get yourself some plans! I was due the 22nd and was fortunate to have a party to go to this past weekend...which, when everyone wasn't asking me if I was "still around" was very fun (and wore me out for Sunday!). Four of my kids are also on four different soccer teams (elem, middle, and two varsity), so I have had plenty of games to look forward to (and more people to ask me if I'm still around). Waiting is so hard...I know! Then again, even though everyone assumed number 6 would "fall out two weeks early" (they never do fall out, do they?), I've just started to tell people that I can keep a better eye on the baby in here, or that none of the rest of them listen to me, so why would this one? I've never had an early baby, so why start now?

Good luck - hang in - and about that couch thing...I feel your pain!

·
Registered
438 Posts
I was so just there that I had to respond. Don't worry, this baby will come very very soon! It has to! I just kept reminding myself (and it occasionally worked a little), that the baby was going to be that much healthier if it stayed put and came when it was completely ready. In addition, my midwife prescribed: sex, beer and pizza. Those three things kicked off my prodromal labor (which sucks too, but at least made me feel like it had to come sooner than later at last). She also suggested 1 tsp of flax seed oil (which seemed pretty lightweight to me) daily. I did that and have no idea if it 'helped' but it certainly didn't hurt anything. Good luck, adn your babe will be in arms soon!

·
Registered
770 Posts
I'm hoping you're doing beter!! Baby WILL come. I was 11 days overdue. It was very rough going at that point, but Baby WILL come.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.