Mothering Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I keep thinking of this every time I go pee

I would have never known this if my prenatal yoga instructor hadn't told us all about it last time I was pregnant so I thought, in case anyone didn't already know this, I'd pass it on.

So, after you go pee if you stand up a bit and tilt your pelvis so your behind is up in the air a bit you might be able to drain a bit more urine out of your bladder. Might only add 5 more minutes before the next pee, but hey at this stage of pregnancy and all the countless trip to the potty it entails I'll take anything! HA!

·
Registered
2,859 Posts
Thanks for the tip, I'll try it. I've generally been waiting a few minutes, then trying again just to see, mostly b/c I'm fairly prone to urinary tract infections and etc, and trying to avoid getting one now.

·
Registered
401 Posts
I was told by a friend to do the pelvis tipping thing while on the toilet, and it seems to work great for me.

·
Registered
1,697 Posts
Oh I know what you mean... at my last appt. my midwife described for me how to do "the lift & wiggle" to get the last bit of pee out. Hubby teases me every time I'm in the bathroom "Make sure you lift and wiggle!!!"

·
Registered
379 Posts
I am definitely going to have to try that! I read in a book at my MW's office (maybe the Dr. Sears pregnancy book, but I'm not sure) that after you think you've emptied your bladder to bear down three more times to see if anything else will come out, so I've been trying that. I would love to cut down the number of times I have to get up at night. I'm sooo tired this morning!

·
Registered
496 Posts
That sounds great!!
Might help with the peeing-my-pants-every-time-I-cough-or-sneeze issue......

All the Kegels I've been doing and continue to do, don't seem to be making ANY difference.

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
I've just hit the pee stage these last few days, and forgot about it totally. I find though that if I pay attention I can tell the difference between the need to pee sensation and the actual need to pee, at least in the begining, after a while I give just in case scause I don't want to have an accident.
But knowing that the bladder pressure will just increase I'm hoping that I can get a little more comfortable with the sensation and be able to stegthen the sense of it better, because at this point I alread feel like I could just sit on the toilet all day with a continuous trickle, lol.

Guess I might as well get used to it for the next few months.

But hey that is an awsome tip and makes so much sense
:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.