Mothering Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just set up my new website for my WAHM business - I was wondering how to get into search engins so that my name comes up???Does it cost money?

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What is WAHMExchange??? How do you become a part of it??? My site is already set up on a server.....I don't want to move....Thanks!

·
Registered
5,636 Posts
I just bought some software to help me get my site customized for search engines. I must admit, I was pretty clueless so this is helping me to walk through it

I dont' know if it's working yet...it may take a bit more time, but beyond just submitting to search engines, you're supposed to have keywords, meta tags, content rich with your keywords etc.

I am no expert...still learning, but I can see why people pay for the service!
LOL

·
Registered
2,190 Posts
I don't know if I can post a link here or not, the main company is called WAHMServices, I'm sure you can guess what their address is. I think you have to host your website with them to do the WAHMExchange, but maybe not. You should look into it.

·
Registered
404 Posts
I went to AddMe.com

It's a free submission to several search engines, including Google. I haven't had a problem with them yet, and no spam so far. Hope that helps. The WAHMEchange is good from what I hear, but I haven't tried it yet.

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
Search Engines like Google automatically spider websites I believe every 24 hours. However, you have to be listed as a link on other sites for them to "find you." The spiders follow links all over the web.

To increase your search engine ranking you should do the following:

1. Use title tags and meta tags.
2. Use keywords in the content of at least your home page.
3. Don't rely on graphics with keywords on them, they cannot be indexed by the spiders.
4. Name your file names something with keywords. For example a page on my site would be http://www.vegfamily.com/raising-veg...dren/index.php so that the words "raising vegan children" are indexed. Note the use of the hyphen. Very very important!!
5. Increase your popularity by getting linked as many places as you can.
6. The more pages your site has, the higher the ranking.

You can optimize your site for search engine rankings. I would advise you not to pay anyone to increase your rankings. Most of what needs to be done should be done directly by you, not someone else.

If you want more info, let me know. I'm a plethora of information on this subject!

·
Registered
11 Posts
I know how to do meta tags and such, but I was still not getting great hits from search engines once I change my business name. I hired Dovesdesign.com (another wahm) to do a site optimization and search engine submission. Within two days I was getting google and altavista hits. I sound like an ad
:

She also helps you find free advertising for your targeted audience. I highly recommend working with her, she was great.

·
Registered
937 Posts
Our website has been online almost two months, and still no search engine listings, despite the fact that I've submitted everywhere and have links on other pages...hmmm?

I just bought a book yesterday to help with this, hopefully! It's at http://www.seoplus.com not too pricey, and sounds good too. Hoping it works, will let you know! It has a 90 day money back guarantee so....can't lose with that!

·
Registered
5,636 Posts
Webgold software has really been helping me figure this all out!

I had nothing before and now am in the top 3 pages with many of my chosen keywords, so it is working!

I haven't gotten it all mastered yet, but I will keep at it!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.