Mothering Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
<p>I co-sleep and DS loves to be snuggled next to me - like - right up on me.  Last night he was kicking the covers off of him and got me right in the belly.  I know baby is fine in there - since I feel movement (at least I think so) and they are well cushioned/protected in there.  I guess my concern is he is going to get me good one day.  I think I have to start sleeping with a pillow in front of my belly!</p>

·
Registered
568 Posts
<p>Hope this thread puts your mind at ease:</p>
<p><a href="http://www.mothering.com/community/forum/thread/635781/toddler-kicked-my-belly-will-baby-inside-be-okay">http://www.mothering.com/community/forum/thread/635781/toddler-kicked-my-belly-will-baby-inside-be-okay</a></p>
<p> </p>
<p>I have a toddler too and I often worry about him kicking me. He loves to kick his feet on the changing table and he basically sits on my stomach to nurse so...</p>

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
<p>very scary indeed. i ave an autistic 6 year old and Sammy often is physical when upset. I am always afraid to be injured. i fell yesterday and now I'm sore and nervous. i feel giblet bouncing around in there so i know all is well, but its sooo nerve wracking</p>

·
Registered
4,324 Posts
<p>I don't cosleep at night but I often nap with my 3yo. I always put a pillow between us. I just don't want to take the risk. It is scary!</p>

·
Registered
420 Posts
<p>Same problem..my 2yo likes to wedge herself sideways between DH and I at night, so one of us gets her head and one gets her feet. </p>
<p> </p>
<p>I don't worry so much about the baby, but the jabs hurt <em>me</em> so I'm thinking about alternatives too. Sometimes she flips her legs over my chest and neck, THAT can get uncomfortable. </p>
<p> </p>
<p>So yeah. We're working on this. Right now we're trying her own bed in the room with us. Not very successfully, but we're trying. </p>

1 - 5 of 5 Posts