Mothering Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,<br><br>
Requesting ideas and experiences with getting more sleep!<br><br>
My son is 11 months old and we have been cosleeping with him since he was born. For periods, he would sleep well, 4-5 hour stretches, but in the last several months he has slept at most 3 hours at a time and those times have been rare and my husband and I are tired. He also seems to be a light sleeper who wakes up when we move in bed and when he started crawling in the last few months and would constantly be crawling on me at night, we began transitioning him to his crib which is in our room. We have also recently begun nursing him less at night, when in the past I would nurse him back down any time he woke up. We now rock him back to sleep some of the time when he wakes up.<br><br>
So, the problem isn't that he is addicted to nursing to sleep, but he definitely needs help from us to go to sleep and so I need help with strategies to gently help him fall asleep on his own. Please post your experiences and what has worked for you. Thanks so much!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Not sure if this will help you little one, but it did for mine. My son used to wake up in the night as well and my pediatrican reccommended moving his last two feedings a little closer together that way he was really full going to bed. So we tried it and it worked, he sleeps though the night now! As for being a light sleeper I am not sure there is anything you can do about that. Maybe once he gets fully transitioned into his own room that will help with the noises that wake him. Anyway I wish you the best of luck, I know its hard not getting your rest.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts