Mothering Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I didn't get injured. It was more of an emotional and psychological setback. I went to the doctor 3 days ago and got weighed. The scale says that I had put on 4 pounds! WTF?? I've been busting my behind and really working hard . . . even if the weight won't come off at least I expect it to maintain! Anyway . . . for the past two days, I have not been able to motivate myself to exercise. Any words of wisdom??

·
Registered
8,678 Posts
did it say you'd put on 4 pounds since your last visit? when was that ? since you last weighed yourself? on your own scale? what time of day was the visit? your weight can fluctuate widely on any given day or week.

just use your own scale. if you go to the drs tell them you prefer not to be weighed and just tell them your weight.

·
Premium Member
3,471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by fek&fuzz View Post

just use your own scale. if you go to the drs tell them you prefer not to be weighed and just tell them your weight.
That is a great idea. Really. Especially since I'm so sensitive about it these days.

I weighed myself last using the scale at the YMCA which I assume is accurate. It may very well just have been retaining water or something else. But, I'm just so sensitive about it and impatient about the weight loss.

·
Registered
9,290 Posts
different scales have variations. any time you change scales, you risk strange numbers. I was weighing myself daily (several times a day) just to see the normal fluctuations and I found I weighed up to 2 more pounds inthe evening than in the morning. When I went to the doc, scale had me 5 pounds more than myhome scale. I was fine with that, b/c of my frequent weigh ins at home.

I'd recommend getting a good scale at home to track your loss- mine cost about $40 at target, can be programmed for up to 4 people and tracks your last 10 weights. I'd only save my new lows, which occured about once a week.

·
Premium Member
3,471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by shelbean91 View Post
different scales have variations. any time you change scales, you risk strange numbers. I was weighing myself daily (several times a day) just to see the normal fluctuations and I found I weighed up to 2 more pounds inthe evening than in the morning. When I went to the doc, scale had me 5 pounds more than myhome scale. I was fine with that, b/c of my frequent weigh ins at home.

I'd recommend getting a good scale at home to track your loss- mine cost about $40 at target, can be programmed for up to 4 people and tracks your last 10 weights. I'd only save my new lows, which occured about once a week.
Thank you. Getting a good scale is an excellent recommendation.

·
Registered
9,290 Posts
It did help me mentally. As long as I knew what was happening with me, the variations at the dr didn't bother me at all.

·
Premium Member
3,471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Michelle, do you mind telling me what brand you got? I'm going to go to Target this evening and pick it up.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.