1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
<p>HI</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I am exhausted!!!!!</p>
<p>How can I get my son to nurse less? I worked really hard to keep breast feeding-even through the most horrible pain for months while my son was tongue tied. then things got better and I cherished our nursing-at least the day nursing- but now I feel spent, depleted and beginning to resent it which makes me very sad and guilty.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I feel like I am my son's pacifier-he nurses a lot and is very demanding and I feel like I need a brake.</p>
<p>In addition he can only fall asleep and go back to sleep with the breast and he wakes up several times a night to nurse and wants to stay latched on....</p>
<p>I don't want to fully wean him but I do want less breast feeding.</p>
<p>He nurses for comfort, when he is upset, bored or to avoid something he doesn't want (which drives me crazy)  like diaper changes, getting dressed to go out or having to wash hands before dinner, etc.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>He also HAS TO play with my beauty marks and pull at them or squeeze my other breast or play with my nipple....I do say "please don't touch mama's mole-it is ouchy" or "while we nurse this other breast is resting" but he insist on continuing doing it so I have been getting frustrated at him (which makes me feel horrible)</p>
<p>I feel there are no boundaries with my body and that he owns my breasts and I don't like how I am getting impatient and resentful or angry at times....</p>
<p> </p>
<p>To make matters worse we are ttc and my cycles are nuts because of my night nursing and high frequency of nursing!!!</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Please help!!!!</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Thanks for listening!!!</p>

·
Registered
2,130 Posts
<p>Two is old enough to understand that he needs to have some "manners" when nursing, ie. keep hands off your other boob, beauty marks, etc.  I also would stop letting him nurse when it is just to avoid diaper changes, etc.  Good luck!!</p>

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
<p>I agree that he's old enough. Maybe it would work if every time he tries to touch your other breast/nipple/etc, you gently remove him and say no, then let him relatch. Try offering an alternative to stroke/touch, like a nursing necklace or a blanket he can finger. I know, it's hard! My son's object of attachment is my hair. At 34 months, it is not worth trying to break this habit, and it usually doesn't bother me, as long as he's gentle. I tried introducing a special lovey with yarn he could stroke somewhere between age 2 and 3, but he wouldn't take it, just wanted my hair. If it were as annoying as the nipple stroking is, I would have insisted, though!</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I also agree that you should not nurse him if it's to avoid something he doesn't want to do. It's okay to say, "we will nurse after X"</p>

1 - 3 of 3 Posts