Mothering Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My son is 2yo, 3 in a few month. We are only just starting to find out about Montessori, and using it here. More of a home school setting, but just starting out so its hardly even that... LOL.

My son loves to work with me. I am just not use to having to "aid" someone in helping me. So this truly is a learning exp. for the both of us. I can get a long having him help me, but then some were in the middle he stops, and gose off doing something else. Now, sometimes I can get him back to what he was doing, and a stopping point, you know it may not be done done, but to him it is done and put away. There are how ever, and these are most of the time, that he will just run from one thing to the next with no care as to what he just left, or what effect it will have on other.
Its a little hard; I am not sure if this is just something he will grow as we do it longer, or he get older, or if it is something that he really is having trouble with and I should be taking a more hands one approach. If it is the later then what should I be doing!? :S I would love to show him the importance of ending a task before starting another. What could I be doing to show this to him???

This is turning in to a lot of fun!
:

· Registered
338 Posts
I would work on having him help put away one thing before starting something new. He doesn't have to "finish" the first project to move on to the next, he just needs to clean it up / put it away. They have short attention spans at that age and it takes time to learn to stick with something, especially if it's a challenge. If it's some thing that truly interests him, he will most likely stick with it for some time. But he may tire of it after awhile and need a break too.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.