Mothering Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have any natural treatments for getting rid of red acne scars? I am washing with honey (sometimes mixed with baking soda), using ACV as a toner and moisturizing with shea butter. Is there something I can add to my regimen to spot treat the scars?

·
Registered
2,431 Posts
What you're doing now sounds perfect - keep doing that and you should see a difference.

You can also try coconut oil or vitamin E capsules.

As far as ACV goes, you can use it twice a day if you'd like. You can even pat some on your face and then rinse your face with water.

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for your responses! For the first time in a long time my face is clear. So now I am so anxious to get rid of these ugly scars, not to mention how much time they take to cover before I go out!

My shea butter has a bit of vitamin E in it so it's good to know that will help the redness.

·
Registered
2,431 Posts
I'm glad! It's always great to find something that works for you. I have a little bit of hormone-based adult acne and it's getting better by experimentation.

I've been using coconut oil to wash my face at night, and I use baking soda and ACV and my usual Dove body soap (green tea cucumber, yum!) and occasional Cetaphil gentle cleanser.

Seems to be working well.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts